• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best mortgages? Where?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best mortgages? Where?

Any tip? Note that I don't see any noticeable difference in the lenders.:rolleyes

Franco, pack in the permie job and get a contract. You won't need a mortgage then.

Comment

Best meaning what exactly? Most flexible, lowest standard rate, best deal (e.g. capped, discounted) or what?

www.moneyfacts.co.uk/menus/main/selections_mortgages.htm

Disclaimer - DP is in no way affiliated to any lenders or brokers. Your home is at risk if you set fire to it.

Comment

"pack in the permie job and get a contract. You won't need a mortgage then"

Always good to have a mixture of own and borrowed capital. Otherwise, you lose on the potential revenues. Only someone with small business acumen like Milan would only count on his own patrimony.

I am a a contractor in a long-term contract, pls. *

*Although it makes you feel strange that someone is rating you. I guess you are supposed to be better to rate someone. Therefore, we should have contractors rating permies but that would never happen.

Comment

Always good to have a mixture of own and borrowed capital
          Each to his own, Franco, but I am very content to have no mortgage and no debt beyond whatever Mrs Lucifer has spent on her cards this month, and feel no real need to acquire any borrowed capital.

Comment

no debt beyond whatever Mrs Lucifer has spent on her cards this month
            You have married my wife, and I claim my fiver.

Comment

feck's sake Franco,

the nail in the coffin to endless bliss as a permy....

a mortgage !

next you'll be buying your car on the never never too

Milan.

Comment

You have married my wife, and I claim my fiver.
                Do you want her back?

Comment

3 entries found for patrimony.
                  pat·ri·mo·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ptr-mn)
                  n. pl. pat·ri·mo·nies

An inheritance from a father or other ancestor.
                  An inheritance or legacy; heritage.
                  An endowment or estate belonging to an institution, especially a church.

that's where you're wrong Franco,

whatever I have achieved is made from my own work thanks.

Milan.

Comment

"but I am very content to have no mortgage and no debt beyond"

No pain no gain

Comment

Working...
                    X