• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brilliant business idea looking to the medium term future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    A rare insight into the successful mind of a financial genius!

not.
    An all-too-common insight into the mind of a humourless Walter Mitty character with a dead-end contract in Newcastle.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Exactly.

Although I wouldn't be getting ideas too far above your station if I were you.

Middle class indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Or maybe start an English restaurant in Mumbai. In a few years, "Going for an English" with a London Pride or Young's Ale on the side is bound to be the thing to do after a few Kingfishers.
        That is one of my favourite sketches of all time.

YouTube - Go For an English - Goodness Gracious Me
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          That is one of my favourite sketches of all time.

YouTube - Go For an English - Goodness Gracious Me
          "What's the blandest thing on the menu?"

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Start a corner shop in India? Not a bad idea.

Or maybe start an English restaurant in Mumbai. In a few years, "Going for an English" with a London Pride or Young's Ale on the side is bound to be the thing to do after a few Kingfishers.

And maybe in time my kids could climb up the ladder through educational success and hard work and eventually join the Indian middle class.
            If you have to travel by train, for heaven's sake keep your head down and don't stand up if you can help it - There are low bridges everywhere.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X