• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy St Dwynwen's Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    That's right, it's a vegetarian haggis, like a vegetarian sausage, or a vegetarian lasagne. It's a travesty. However, no one else in my family will touch an actual haggis, so I thought I'd see how they got on with this instead. I'm hoping it will have a similar texture and at least an approximation of the flavour, but I suspect it will have neither.
    Holland and Barrett used to do a 1lb porkless pie. In my memory it even had the jelly but I might have that wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      Vegetarian haggis/sausage/lasagne. A bit like an 'electric car' or some other stupid invention

Probably best of it doesn't have an approximation of the flavour
      To paraphrase DNA "A substance that tasted almost, but not quite , entirely unlike haggis/sausage/lasagne."
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well, I can report back that the vegetarian "haggis" was absolutely delicious. It was blatantly not a haggis, but it kind of looked like one and had a similar texture and that, and very tasty. Can't ask much more of food than that really.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
          Well, I can report back that the vegetarian "haggis" was absolutely delicious. It was blatantly not a haggis, but it kind of looked like one and had a similar texture and that, and very tasty. Can't ask much more of food than that really.
          Yes you can, it can have plenty of bits of dead animal in it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            You just can't beat a nice slice of sheep's lung or a morsel of cow's rectum.
            You've been out anal probing cattle again, haven't you?

Comment

Yes you can;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think you could beat a cows rectum, but I would suggest a very long stick and a pair of wellies.
                There's only one thing you cant beat, and thats a w@nk

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Erm, I can think of ways to beat that too. I'll call my beautiful assistant.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I think you could beat a cows rectum, but I would suggest a very long stick and a pair of wellies.

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Erm, I can think of ways to beat that too. I'll call my beautiful assistant.
                    Women are alright but you can't beat the real thing.

Churchill - In "Andy Gray" mode...

Comment

Good to see my romantic thread has gone almost full circle and is on to "sex with someone who loves you"

Allbeit via edible sheeps lungs and cows rectums.

Good work all.

Comment

Working...
                      X