• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Birmingham: The best place to be a muslim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    While the influx of Chinese in the middle of the 20th century may have been from the prosperous and intelligent what is coming now tends to be from the wrong end of the dining table.

Your average Chinese immigrant these days has probably paid to get in illegal, has no qualifications and will end up working as, pretty much, slave labour. A million miles away from the "Child, I want those fingers to bleed on that Stradivarius tonight or else you don't eat for 2 days" Hong Kong business set.
    Well I have yet to see much evidence of mass illegal Chinese immigration into the UK.
    And I think you're wrong anyway, that slave labour immigrant's children or grandchildren will "bleed on the Stradivarius" as the family pull themselves up by their bootstraps - the English plebian class are the only one in the world, as far as I can see, to encourage their children to remain ignorant, stupid and poor ( a trait which some in the black and Muslim community are now following).
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

The recent big increases in illegals are those from Vietnam and Nepal I believe.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        The recent big increases in illegals are those from Vietnam and Nepal I believe.
        They'll eventually be an asset. Their children will become doctors and lawyers.
        On the hand if you see a big influx of Somalis or Afghans, for example, then move out sharpish.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I didn't call you a Nazi. I am, however, dismayed that as a Jew, you miss such a blinding lesson from history. I remember a chat some years ago with a member of the Board of Deputies of British Jews, who was very clear that the Muslim community was to be defended against morons like you (I paraphrase) not just as a matter of principle but because Jews would be next in line. Just look at the shift of the BNP's attack from Jews to Muslims to seize the Zeitgeist.
          The BNP are after the lizard

Comment

Not sure where that optimism comes from SAS. I have seen almost identical comments about Tamils but look at the reality. Nepal is the 11th poorest country in the world despite huge quantities of foreign aid which have sunk without trace.

Where migrants have potential you can usually see that potential at work in their own societies. The Chinese and Indians reflect the dynamism of their own societies. The more successful Africans tend to come from places like Ghana or Nigeria rather than Somalia or the Congo.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Not sure where that optimism comes from SAS. I have seen almost identical comments about Tamils but look at the reality. Nepal is the 11th poorest country in the world despite huge quantities of foreign aid which have sunk without trace.

Where migrants have potential you can usually see that potential at work in their own societies. The Chinese and Indians reflect the dynamism of their own societies. The more successful Africans tend to come from places like Ghana or Nigeria rather than Somalia or the Congo.
              OK maybe not the Nepalese then, but the experience of the Vietnamese boat people who settled in America in the 70s has been generally positive. And the Vietnamese economy is now growing at a good lick after communist nonsense.

I agree with your the the dynamism of immigrants reflects that of their own societies and perhaps immigration policy ought to reflect this. Not only will these groups contribute in their own right but as their home societies get richer the interplay they have with these societies will enrich ours commercially.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
              X