• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thirteen and one half stone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I need to shift a stone or so.

Problem with following diets is that people stick to them till they've lost the weight and then pig out. I find it useful to eat my main meal in the middle of the day and stick to soups or salads in the evenings.

I try and be sensible, with working in the city it is often easy to pig out on junk, so try and stick to Japanese food.

I just need to start doing some exercise.

Has anyone bought the kinnect thingy for the xbox and tried any of their exercise routine games?

Are we going to see the start of the CUK fat club?

Walking in the countryside is THE best exercise!

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post

Tone
      My intention is to start walking again (as I live in the sticks) once it starts getting lighter in the evenings, as we have some nice lakes with various walks around them nearby.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Running burns nearly twice as many calories per mile as walking and you should be able to run at twice your walking pace, so...

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

Are we going to see the start of the CUK fat club?
          I'm game, need to lose quite a bit.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Running burns nearly twice as many calories per mile as walking and you should be able to run at twice your walking pace, so...
            They say swimming is better than running.

And apparently some kinds of exercise are even better than swimming.

Seriously, norrahe, I'd be interested in hiking once the days get longer maybe in Derbyshire or somewhere with interesting scenery. I even bought a pair of Timberland boots for it, although I haven't tried wearing them yet.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Seriously, norrahe, I'd be interested in hiking once the days get longer maybe in Derbyshire or somewhere with interesting scenery. I even bought a pair of Timberland boots for it, although I haven't tried wearing them yet.
              Bought some new Merrells today.

Comment

Liposuction is fast, but cutting off a limb will reduce weight the fastest you should be able to do this at twice your liposuction pace,so...
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've also put on about a stone since my post-LEJOG larditude. Knackered my hip running so that's a no goer. Need to get back on the bike.

Comment

Or jogging. Nice and sunny today so may venture out. Bleedin cold and squelchy tho.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Though watching local "runners"/"Joggers" they are doing more damage the way they run and would achieve more by walking efficiently.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I will let you know, though my walking will be limited to the local lakes till the weather improves, as for timberlands, hmm, you might be better off heading to your local outdoor shop and getting a good pair of boots that have a decent grip, good support and are gore tex/waterproofed.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X