• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thirteen and one half stone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Strategy please?
    Stopped drinking so much fruit juice and had soup and a roll for lunch. Always been a runner but last year I was struggling to get past 10 miles as I was carrying so much weight, 10 miles is now my short run.

I kept a diary of what was eating for a couple of weeks and counted the calories. It was lunch that was killing me. Marks and Sparks sarnie, side salad, fruit juice and a bar of chocolate which was my usual lunch was coming in at well over 1000 calories. When you add in cereal and a fruit juice for breakfast I was taking in almost 1500 calories in the first 4 hours of my day. I got that down to 500 calories and then I could pig out on a massive meal when I got home of about 1000 calories.

I had to get 5 pair of trousers in the summer as I had lost so much weight and none of them fit me now.

Comment

Nice one, just need to keep it off now.

I lost 4 stone on the lighter life plan but I did put a stone back on , am planning to loose a bit more in the summer when salads are a nice dinner option
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Yipeee. Target weight.

Last year at the start of January I was well over 17 stone.
        Well done, that takes some doing,

I know alot about losing weight but i just need to put it into practise, the keeping a food diary to see what your eating is a great idea

Comment

He's been on a diet of humble pie and nostalgia
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
            Well done, that takes some doing,

I know alot about losing weight but i just need to put it into practise, the keeping a food diary to see what your eating is a great idea
            If you are really keen on the food diary, you could try a site like this one for example:

Food Focus - Nutrition & Weight Management
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I'm expecting to get down to 15 stones by the summer - last time I was 15 stone, I was 15.

Gastric band still working well and will be walking more over the coming months.

I'm still keen to do the Yorkshire Peaks Challenge in June.

I'm very positive for the year ahead.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                I'm expecting to get down to 15 stones by the summer - last time I was 15 stone, I was 15.

Gastric band still working well and will be walking more over the coming months.
                I'm quite shocked by this.

Tonne

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post

I'm still keen to do the Yorkshire Peaks Challenge in June.

I'm very positive for the year ahead.

Tone
                  T

Is the gastric band for life or is it removed once you reach a target weight?

C

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    T

Is the gastric band for life or is it removed once you reach a target weight?

C

It's adjustable so I'll probably keep it in for life. I've been trying to lose and maintain a healthy weight for forty years so something more was required than just going on yet another diet.

Tone

Comment

I need to shift a stone or so.

Problem with following diets is that people stick to them till they've lost the weight and then pig out. I find it useful to eat my main meal in the middle of the day and stick to soups or salads in the evenings.

I try and be sensible, with working in the city it is often easy to pig out on junk, so try and stick to Japanese food.

I just need to start doing some exercise.

Has anyone bought the kinnect thingy for the xbox and tried any of their exercise routine games?

Are we going to see the start of the CUK fat club?
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X