• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Channel Four Wife Swap programme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US version of wife swap is terrible, even comes with a disclaimer that some situations are staged for entertainment.
    I think the worst aspect of the programme (US version still) is that all the couples taking part seem to have some sort of agenda they want to promote, family business, band, bizarre views on life and they use the programme as a means of advertising it.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      one was a black (am I allowed to say that, my coloured friend says I am) couple and one was a white couple
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

one was a black (am I allowed to say that, my coloured friend says I am) couple and one was a white couple

Milan.
        just be thankful it wasnt Elton swapping with Clarey

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There is only one WS that rules them all - The Rochdale swamp Donkey!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

eh ?

how did you read into that from what I said ?

amazing how sensitive a subject this is an any touching this subject and the are out immediately

jeez calm down

Milan.
            Actually, the way you wrote it made it easy to read that into it... that it was surprising the white couple were ****s and the black couple were nice. I don't think that's what you meant, though.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

maybe it's 'cos I said it was an eye opener, I mean't that in the respect of how people live, the conditions they live in, how they survive and bring up their children, it was not intended to mean an eye opener to the difference between the standards of the races, it was quite shocking how the one couple and their children were living and they were on the edge of divorce at the end

i wonder what would have been read into this had the description been a couple from up north and a couple from down south i wonder if the thought would have been so sensitive

oh well,

Milan.

Comment

i wonder what would have been read into this had the description been a couple from up north and a couple from down south i wonder if the thought would have been so sensitive

oh well,

Milan.
                dont start

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

at the hotel this morning, while brushing teeth watched the UK version of Wife Swap programme from Channel 4.

The two couples were from Laaaaaaaaaaandaaaaaaaaan,

what an eye opener it was, at the end, the white couple were on the edge of divorce !!

the white couple's 18yr old daughter was the most foul mouthed young lady one could ever wish to meet

the black couple were exceptionally dignified and had well mannered children

anyone else seen any funny ones ?

Milan.
                  The programme is an hour long. Did you brush for an hour? Ouch.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    dont start

you know I'm right Dad

Milan.

Comment

you know I'm right Dad

Milan.

actually yar, some of my best friends are southerners. just the same as us really.

not sure if I would like my daughter to marry one though

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)

Comment

Working...
                      X