• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We are Top of the League said we are TOPL!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    There is a world of difference between having the points in your grasp, and having the games in hand. You would have grasped that if you were not as thick as a hippo omelette!!
    I'll bet you a fiver that Rangers will win next 2 games and thus get 6 points. I mean FFS, it's Rangers we talking about here - had it been Celtic in this position I would not be so sure!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Not to widdle on your haggis, but you're not top of "the" league. You're top of "a" league. A singularly unimpressive and unimportant one at that. I don't see anyone starting a thread about Brighton, which is comparable in world football terms.

Happy New Year SB
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Not to widdle on your haggis, but you're not top of "the" league. You're top of "a" league. A singularly unimpressive and unimportant one at that. I don't see anyone starting a thread about Brighton, which is comparable in world football terms.
        WHS

It's a pity though that Ranger/Celtic are not part of the real league - EPL - though they'd get relegated after first season and go back to SPL...

Comment

If Atw agrees with me, I recant my opinion
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I agree with this decision as well.

Comment

Truly the Blind leading the Bland!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

How do you like them apples?

Comment

Just in case anyone has missed this one, I'll summarise: SB, one of the many resident village idiots on here, has creamed his pants because the particular mediocre team he supports is temporarily in front of its perennially mediocre rival.

HTH

Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Some Celtic highlights;

Celtic beat Aberdeen in a Scottish Cup final, watched by a record crowd of 146,433 at Hampden Park. The attendance (sometimes reported as 147,365) remains a record for a club match in Europe.

Celtic win the Empire Exhibition Trophy by defeating Everton 1-0 at Ibrox after extra time in the final.

Celtic defeat Hibernian 2-0 in the final of the Coronation Cup, held to celebrate the crowning of Queen Elizabeth II. The invited teams included the best in Scotland and England, and the final attracted a crowd of 117,000 at Hampden Park.

Celtic reach the semi-final of the European Cup-Winners' Cup in only their second campaign in European competition, but lose 4-3 on aggregate to MTK Budapest.

Celtic complete their most glorious season by winning every competition entered: Scottish League, Scottish Cup, League Cup, Glasgow Cup and the European Cup. The climax of the season is the 2-1 victory over Inter Milan in the European Cup final played at the Estadio Nacional in Lisbon on May 25, 1967. Celtic thus become the first British (and non-Latin) club to win Europe's most coveted trophy.

Celtic reach the final of the European Cup again, but lose 2-1 to Feyenoord after extra time in Milan. In the semi-final Celtic defeated Leeds United in both legs. The second leg at Hampden Park was watched by 133,961, the largest crowd ever to watch a match in European club competition.

Celtic win the league championship for the ninth season in a row - at the time, a joint world record for success in domestic titles. The team reaches the semi-final of the European Cup for the fourth time, but loses 2-0 on aggregate to Atletico Madrid.

Billy McNeill, captain of the 1967 team, succeeds Jock Stein as manager. During Stein's 12-year tenure (excluding 1975/76, when he was recuperating from injuries received in a car accident), the club enjoyed 25 successes in major competitions: the European Cup, 10 Championships, 8 Scottish Cups and 6 League Cups.

Celtic celebrate the centenary season (1987/88) by winning the first "double" in 11 years. The accomplishment marks the 35th league title, and the 28th Scottish Cup.

Celtic win the Scottish Cup for the 29th time as Joe Miller's goal sinks Rangers by 1-0.

In Seville a brave Celtic side were beaten 3-2 in extra time by Porto in the final of the UEFA Cup - Celtic's first such final for 33 years.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

From the late 60s into the mid 70s Celtic were the best team in Europe.

In 7 years they got 2 finals, 4 semi finals and, I think 6 quarter finals of the European Cup.

No mediocrity there.

And the pictures were great...

Comment

Working...
                      X