• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Joanna Yeates sweepstake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Not that I am taking this guy's side or anything, but is this sort of behaviour all that unusual for a landlord?
    Yes it is. You are entitled to 'peaceful enjoyment of your home' which includes not having the landlord walking in whenever s/he likes.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      Yes it is. You are entitled to 'peaceful enjoyment of your home' which includes not having the landlord walking in whenever s/he likes.
      That's the law dear Zippy, but real life is different... my ex-ex-landlady changed locks in the house in which I rented room without telling anyone and she was not happy I called her at 11pm saying I can't get in!

I was pished at the time so thought got into wrong place

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Absolutely. In no way are landlords allowed to just wander in. I've hardly seen mine in 5 years.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Absolutely. In no way are landlords allowed to just wander in. I've hardly seen mine in 5 years.
          That's because he makes sure you're out before dropping around and popping your toothbrush up his jacksy.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I was pished at the time so thought got into wrong place
            I'd have paid good money to see that
            +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              That's because he makes sure you're out before dropping around and popping your toothbrush up his jacksy.
              Maybe Joanna Yeates caught him doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Another thing - did the boyfriend really go away, making such a fanfare about his car not starting so he had several witnesses? Or was he setting up an alibi?
                There was an interesting quote in the Daily Wail last week.

Her boyfriend was quoted as saying "She was my future".. and this is before they found her body or knew she was even dead

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  There was an interesting quote in the Daily Wail last week.

Her boyfriend was quoted as saying "She was my future".. and this is before they found her body or knew she was even dead
                  It seemed to me that the parents were awfully certain that she had been abducted and would turn up dead when she was still just missing.

Comment

It seemed to me that the parents were awfully certain that she had been abducted and would turn up dead when she was still just missing.
                    So you're plumping for the parents now.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That Greek(?) landlord from Royston Vasey came to mind when I read the news story earlier.
                      This is in no way intended to imply that the bloke had anything to do with it.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X