• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heavy Sentences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. But assuming that legalising drugs would lead to a big increase of usage, which would seem likely, what would increased drug use cost in terms of health and other issues? Just take cannabis alone - heart attacks, lung cancer, mental problems. Add to that the less definable effects on motivation:

Even so regular users can become psychologically dependent and come to rely on using cannabis to get them through the day. Cannabis dependent users who stop can experience psychological craving , decreased appetite, lethargy, mood changes and insomnia. It is not unknown for some people to use cannabis so frequently that they are almost constantly stoned.
    Someone who uses cannabis excessively may appear apathetic, lack energy and motivation and perform poorly at their work or education.

DrugScope | RESOURCES | Cannabis
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Hmmm. But assuming that legalising drugs would lead to a big increase of usage, which would seem likely, what would increased drug use cost in terms of health and other issues? Just take cannabis alone - heart attacks, lung cancer, mental problems. Add to that the less definable effects on motivation:

DrugScope | RESOURCES | Cannabis
      You dont have to make too many assumptions, just cf countries that do have legalised cannabis consumption. I havnt looked into it, but whats the situation in Holland for example

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Good point. (Just waiting to see who would spot that one) They don't seem to have a significant problem if Wikipedia is accurate.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X