• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This should raise the blood pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    There's that see-saw metaphor again.
    The see-saw metaphore is somewhat unavoidable.

Let's see this person (I use the term in its broadest sense) deprived the girl of her human right to live. He also deprived all of her family members rights to see the girl he mowed down live her life.

If he had killed her with a knife, bat, brick, other offensive weapon of your chice then he would have got a lengthy jail term and then deported, but instead he killed her with a car which for some reason no-one can understand carries a trivial penalty.

Is it fair? Is it just? Is it reasonable?

Am I especially concerned over the killers rights? Nope, quite frankly I couldn't give a hoot, he acted criminally by being here, if he hadn't done so then the girl would be alive, he acted criminally by driving and he'd acted criminally before. In more than a few countries that would have seen him banged up for a long time and in the USA for good.

Am I especially concerned over the killers rights? Nope, given the choice I'd deport him from the back of a Hercules at 5,000 feet sans parachute.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      the severity of the punishment in some way being unequivocally being judged to be matched to the heinousness of the crime.
      Now that's another interesting aspect to this report. The charges were driving while disqualified, and failing to report an accident. 4 months is a very light sentence (this is completely separate from the immigration and human rights aspect), seeing that somebody died. I'd be interested to see why there wasn't a manslaughter charge.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Justice is exemplified by scales. Do try and keep up.
        It's not the scales, it's the sword in the other hand that does the justice, the scales only tell whose head will be chopped off in the name of justice...

Comment

-and unless you want to deport his 2 British children to Iraq too, that means here.
          Are they british? being born in Britain doesn't automatically give you nationality/citizenship. It does in the USA though.

Comment

It's our fault. We fcked up.

We buggered about for seven years not dealing with this toe-rag, during which time he has settled down and raised a family.

Most of us on here agree that it is wrong for the government to retrospectively decide they can claim back tax going back 7 tears.

So why is it fair to say to him, seven years after the event, "Ooh, we've just decided to separate you from your children and deport you. Sorry we didn't think to mention in it 2003, but we're tulip."

He should have been taken from the prison to the airport, seven years ago. But he wasn't.

This is an example of what happens when you're tulip at running a country: we get lumbered with the consequences of our own inaction.

Don't moan about this murderous villain getting on with his life. Do something about getting the system improved.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The report calls him an asylum seeker rather than an illegal immigrant. Surely after seven years asylum should have already been granted or refused?

Comment

The charges were driving while disqualified, and failing to report an accident.

I'd be interested to see why there wasn't a manslaughter charge.
                Sadly, he was never charged with actually killing the poor girl (I'm from the area and have had this on the front page of local rag for years).

Her father was on Radio 5 last night saying that in the eyes of the law, the murdering pig may have well run over a dog (although he should've said cat - doesn't count as it's a "wild animal" and not a domesticated one)

Then Jack Straw (local MP / negotiator for Human Rights act) came on later to say that the interpretation by the judge was incorrect and that he would be writing to Theresa May (Home / Justice secretary) to advise her of this and to see whether there could be an appeal and the murdering swine-dog deported back to Iraq.
                And on the eighth day God said, "Okay, Murphy, you're in charge!"

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post
                  Sadly, he was never charged with actually killing the poor girl (I'm from the area and have had this on the front page of local rag for years).

Her father was on Radio 5 last night saying that in the eyes of the law, the murdering pig may have well run over a dog (although he should've said cat - doesn't count as it's a "wild animal" and not a domesticated one)

Then Jack Straw (local MP / negotiator for Human Rights act) came on later to say that the interpretation by the judge was incorrect and that he would be writing to Theresa May (Home / Justice secretary) to advise her of this and to see whether there could be an appeal and the murdering swine-dog deported back to Iraq.
                  So the law cocked up. You can't deport someone for something they haven't actually been charged with.

Comment

Also reported on the news last night was the fact that since killing this little girl (while disqualified), he has again been caught driving while still disqualified.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by manclarky View Post

Let's just be clear here: it wasn't murder. At all. But yes, he should have been deported.

Comment

Working...
                      X