• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Ace
    cheers - perhaps I should have been a little more pacific about how I spell draw in terms of something that I put things into and pacifically drawer when I'm drawering a picture - espcially if it is a pacifically good drawering of an ocean, the Specific Ocean perhaps

From now on I will only ever use drawer = picture and draw = something to put things in. Pacifically speaking!
    Last edited by BoredBloke; 15 December 2010, 15:42.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Or hearts! Yes. I have seen this one.
      Oh God! There's never a firearm around when you need one, is there?
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

A couple of pet hates

leaving lights on when there is no one in the room

Leaving windows on vent when the heating is on. If its too hot turn the heating down.

clothes hangers not facing the same way in the wardrobe.

Socks not being folded correctly and screwed in a ball

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Wet towels on the bed or worse found in the spare room after he goes to work on a Monday Morning... - might just be pushed for time Bollocks!

Opening post and leving the envelope on the side - put it in the bin FFS - recycle it by using them as post it notes. Pah!

Instead of rinseing the cup you are using, taking a new one from the cupboard just to put another cup of tea in it - Its nicer out of a clean cup/mug Bloocks

Women who leave the price stickers on the soles of their footwear - no need at all. glad we agree on something!!

Women who don't have bras that fit them and end up looking like they have 4 boobs - I think that's ok

Women with a sprinkler attachment in the pub loo - no love I don't want to sit in your piss thanks very much - So its not always the man then ! Not in the ladies

Smelly people - agreed.

Dig the elbow in as you push past to signal your annoyance.

I am just re-hashing stuff I've already put, but...:

People who hold the door open when you're 15 miles down the other end of the corridor, forcing you to walk slightly quicker/start doing that annoying trotting thing while they stand there grinning like an idiot. You want a f@cking medal for making me trot in heels? Shut the door, GO AWAY!!!

I still always mumble thank you.
          always makes me laugh!
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

having the extractor fan on in the kitchen and the window open at the same time.

Comment

A couple of pet hates

leaving lights on when there is no one in the room

Leaving windows on vent when the heating is on. If its too hot turn the heating down.

clothes hangers not facing the same way in the wardrobe.

Socks not being folded correctly and screwed in a ball
              Me too!!!!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                Oh God! There's never a firearm around when you need one, is there?
                A sharpened pen works for me.

Hugging at work. I am very much pro personal space at the best of times, but especially at work. So, come Xmas, or when someone leaves, I start to prickle with the dread that there might be someone trying to awkwardly hug me for some reason or other.

Happened today out of the blue. Female colleague goes off to a meeting and says bye to me (my last day until New Year). She makes a meal of saying 'see you next year!" and I start to sense a hug moment. I am trapped in my seat. Gah! She leans in and yes, she hugs me. I do the awkward back pat retaliation.

Ick.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

having the extractor fan on in the kitchen and the window open at the same time.
                  Stops a vacuum being created in the kitchen.

Hth.

Comment

People who complain too much about trivial things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      People who complain too much about trivial things.

Frogs.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X