• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Minor things that really piss you off !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    A couple of pet hates

leaving lights on when there is no one in the room

Leaving windows on vent when the heating is on. If its too hot turn the heating down.

clothes hangers not facing the same way in the wardrobe.

Socks not being folded correctly and screwed in a ball
    Check.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

If I forget to reset the trip counter after filling up with fuel, that really annoys me. I know how far the car can go, and I can read the gauge, but I like to see miles...

Comment

If I forget to reset the trip counter after filling up with fuel, that really annoys me. I know how far the car can go, and I can read the gauge, but I like to see miles...
        Check

Also people who get my name wrong incessantly even after they've asked me how to pronounce it for them.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Check

Also people who get my name wrong incessantly even after they've asked me how to pronounce it for them.

There's an indian woman here, I cannot pronounce her name - I've started to avoid her like the plague and am panicking about ever needing to speak to her. Am wondering if I can get away with calling her 'love'.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

There's an indian woman here, I cannot pronounce her name - I've started to avoid her like the plague and am panicking about ever needing to speak to her. Am wondering if I can get away with calling her 'love'.
            If I get into that situation with someone else, I try and avoid using their names if I bump into them.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Am wondering if I can get away with calling her 'love'.
              Northerners

<platypus shakes head and leaves the room>

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                having the extractor fan on in the kitchen and the window open at the same time.
                Stops a vacuum being created in the kitchen.

Hth.
                I know about that one. In the spot I had a dozen years ago if I ran the extractor with the windows and door closed, I got a loud whistle from the kitchen door keyhole.

It was just like the noise of the wind outside a haunted house in a horror movie.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  People who step of the escalator and stop... causing a pile up behind them
                  Yes!! Or people who get through the ticket gates at the station and then immediately stop to put their ticket back in their bag. They get sent flying if I'm around

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    Check

Well, I have to admit, I'm never sure if the 'e' is silent.
                    The vegetarian option.

Comment

Frogs.
                      You're calling the entire French nation "Minor things that really piss you off "?

You're alright MP.
                      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                      X