• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Climate Model from NASA scientists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
    I think the onus is on you to supply an example of uncorrected and erroneous alarmism. Arguably the worst climate scientific error in recent times was the projection of Himalayan Glacier meltdown in the IPCC Working Group II report, and their apology is here.

No media outlet seemed to feel the need to issue an apology on that occasion, perhaps because the proper section on the physical science of the glaciers (WGI) was accurate, perhaps because the claim was not made in any of the key summaries and was not reported at the time it was published. This may explain why it went unremarked for two years.

'AmazonGate', of course, was an embarrassment for the Sunday Times, not the IPCC.
    Brilliant, so there are errors on both sides, in some of the more peripheral rags, which I think we are all aware of. Fastening on such an error gets us nowhere, stick to the facts and the science pj
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Brilliant, so there are errors on both sides,
      Ah, so now you bring up the idea of false equivalence, of two 'sides', both equally flawed. Sorry, but this is simply wrong. What we actually have is an overwhelming majority amongst scientists who spend their professional lives studying these matters that human activity is affecting the climate in a potentially extremely damaging way, versus a tiny percentage of dissenters who, for whatever reason, resist this idea.

Consider, for a moment, the evidence. Go read the IPCC reports , or the summaries , or just the FAQs . Then consider, again for just a moment, that the dissenter BlasterBates considers relevant an article about a study written by someone who quite obviously had not read the study.

And feel free to draw your own conclusions.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        And feel free to draw your own conclusions.
        I do.

good luck pj in everything , and a happy Christmas
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

I hear that the frogs didnt die due to AGW after all, and the polar bears are doing ok, and there is ice at the north pole and the sea hasnt swallowed up Holland.

why dont you come back when you have something real pj. something tangible.

signed - a tiny minority of irrational, holocaust denying, voodoo science, dissenters, whose views dont count.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            I hear that the frogs didnt die due to AGW after all, and the polar bears are doing ok, and there is ice at the north pole and the sea hasnt swallowed up Holland.

why dont you come back when you have something real pj. something tangible.

signed - a tiny minority of irrational, holocaust denying, voodoo science, dissenters, whose views dont count.

Great, you've just asked him to post another 1000 climate warming links
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              Great, you've just asked him to post another 1000 climate warming links
              well...'false equivilence' i ask you

thats saying that we dont count because we oppose the orthodoxy. I wonder if pj would ever consider using force to get his way over these issues ?

if the dissenters get their way and continue to destroy the planet, would he consider violence ?

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Bring back the death penalty.

But only for those who oppose the great AGW religion.

Jihad!

Comment

Actually, the snow has stopped in London and the sun has come out. Does that prove it?

Comment

Looks like it was the cosmic rays after all:

The Great Beyond: Sunny days for CLOUD experiment

Sometimes scientists get it completely wrong, but usually other scientists come along and put it right.

Interesting isn´t it how around the globe in Argentina, North America, China, Europe, how the winters have got progressively colder since the sun went quiet.

I think when these guys publish AGW will be dead, especially since it is abundantly clear the trend for colder winters will continue.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Looks like it was the cosmic rays after all:

The Great Beyond: Sunny days for CLOUD experiment

Sometimes scientists get it completely wrong, but usually other scientists come along and put it right.

Interesting isn´t it how around the globe in Argentina, North America, China, Europe, how the winters have got progressively colder since the sun went quiet.

I think when these guys publish AGW will be dead, especially since it is abundantly clear the trend for colder winters will continue.
                      I post a series of links the other days showing record breaking cold around the globe in 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006 etc.

Strangely enough the solar minimum started at this time and peaked at a low last year and this year.

It's almost as if the sun has some influence on our climate rather than a few ppm of a mild greenhouse gas.

Tax the sun out of the sky!

Comment

Working...
                      X