• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to solve England's ills

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Clubs and players already complain that there are too many games, you want more?
    Reduce EPL by 1 club and this would make up space.

Eliminate tulip competitions like Carling Cup (ffs - tulip beer that none of those prima donnas would be seen as drinking).

Also, here is how to make them put out strong squad on such mathes - if they lose then the national team makes ££££ taken directly from the club. If EPL club wins it keeps the money.

I think that's going to be enough, so I wasn't overly radical in my proposals...

Comment

England could pull out of international football. Take our ball and go home in a huff, sort of. That would show them.

Edit: I meant to post this in the other forum.
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Less foreigners = more English players at the highest level, unlike your idea this has been proven to work in Italy, France, Germany and Spain.
        Erm, did you watch the last world cup?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Erm, did you watch the last world cup?
          Yes, Spain won it, before that it was Italy, France won it in 98 and Germany in 1990.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            I never get tired of watching that
            Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Have to stop reading this thread, I think I have watched that clip 80 times now.
            When I was in Bristol earlier this year, a guy in the lounge asked the barman to put on Sky Sports - after a couple of minutes, it was pretty obvious that the programme runs in a loop and is meant to be something you visit and move on from; but this guy just watched the same news for the best part of half an hour, grinning at the same stories & smiling at the same news items over and over again.
            He looked a little retarded but I didn't catch his accent so couldn't be certain he was Scottish
            Were either of you two in Bristol in late Spring?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              When I was in Bristol earlier this year, a guy in the lounge asked the barman to put on Sky Sports - after a couple of minutes, it was pretty obvious that the programme runs in a loop and is meant to be something you visit and move on from; but this guy just watched the same news for the best part of half an hour, grinning at the same stories & smiling at the same news items over and over again.
              He looked a little retarded but I didn't catch his accent so couldn't be certain he was Scottish
              Were either of you two in Bristol in late Spring?
              Never been in Bristol. With an anti-Scottish hangup like yours you really should consider therapy.

HTH
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Never been in Bristol. With an anti-Scottish hangup like yours you really should consider therapy.

HTH
                not just anti Scottish btw
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

lobotomy

... performed by Scottish doctor ...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    not just anti Scottish btw
                    Even more reason to seek therapy
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

lobotomy

... performed by Scottish doctor ...
                      Tut, tut. Where would the forum be with a cut down version of Troll?
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X