• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrant Cap - Intra- Company Transfers salary set at £40,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Let me help you out here.

All the bigwigs rent a huge house and cram them full with these ICT's . It is a win - win for both the company and the Bob.
    Sounds like a good story for the Daily Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Let me help you out here.

All the bigwigs rent a huge house and cram them full with these ICT's . It is a win - win for both the company and the Bob.
      Forget the big house, my ex boss claimed that there were "ten of 'em living in a one bedroom flat over the road"

Comment

bbc web site ..

Now bbc web site is saying :-

"In addition to an apparent unlimited number of such transfers if the salary is above £40,000, firms are also being allowed to bring one of their staff in to work for the UK for a year if the job is in ICT and the salary is over £24,000. "

So are they only allowed to bring in 1 that sounds ok .. or does it .. until actual see official documents hard to know what the legislation actually is ..

BBC News - UK government agrees on skilled migration cap

Comment

Originally posted by lightfoot View Post
          Now bbc web site is saying :-

"In addition to an apparent unlimited number of such transfers if the salary is above £40,000, firms are also being allowed to bring one of their staff in to work for the UK for a year if the job is in ICT and the salary is over £24,000. "

So are they only allowed to bring in 1 that sounds ok .. or does it .. until actual see official documents hard to know what the legislation actually is ..

BBC News - UK government agrees on skilled migration cap

They probably meant anyone.

Looks like Labour are telling the truth, now that they are in opposition:
          Labour called the plans "a con".

Comment

Next contract I get I'll be counting the bobs and asking what they are on, make sure client is not breaking the new rule

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              They probably meant anyone.
              Been fixed now on BBC site

In addition to an apparent unlimited number of such transfers if the salary is above £40,000, firms are also being allowed to bring members of their staff to work in the UK for a year if the job is in ICT and the salary is over £24,000.

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
                Next contract I get I'll be counting the bobs and asking what they are on, make sure client is not breaking the new rule
                Let us know where your next gig is, so we can apply for the opening you leave behind.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Been fixed now on BBC site
                  In addition to an apparent unlimited number of such transfers if the salary is above £40,000, firms are also being allowed to bring members of their staff to work in the UK for a year if the job is in ICT and the salary is over £24,000.
                  OK I know this is yesterday's news now, but the same article said that "22,000 employees came to work in the UK via intra-company transfers in 2009", which doesn't seem too bad to me. I expected the figure to be much much higher.

So is the ICT issue really such an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    OK I know this is yesterday's news now, but the same article said that "22,000 employees came to work in the UK via intra-company transfers in 2009", which doesn't seem too bad to me. I expected the figure to be much much higher.

There's a breakdown here.

I think it is set to increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Not if you like the idea of 22,000 people taking jobs away from those on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                      X