• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Migrant Cap - Intra- Company Transfers salary set at £40,000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Don't all hold your breath.

Government set to lower pay threshold for IT workers on ICTs - Inside Outsourcing

It looks like if ICT is for a year the minimum is 24K.
    If that happens I will be outraged, why do IT workers get bent over? Should be set for all sectors.

Comment

£24K isn't much to live on in London these days though is it? Assuming that excludes renting costs and council tax. Still, I suppose what's left over will go 5 times as far back in India. Perhaps they get tax perks too?

Comment

So were we better off under Labour?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          So were we better off under Labour?
          Nope, just screwed slightly differently, well at least a change is as good as a rest as they say

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Nope, just screwed slightly differently, well at least a change is as good as a rest as they say
            Yeah, it might mean both. A change and a rest.

Comment

ICT < 1 year £24000

Migrant workers cut by a fifth as May caps work permits at 21,700 | Mail Online

Quote :-

Mrs May said there will also be a new minimum salary of £40,000 for firms using intra-company transfers (ICTs) to bring their own people into the UK for more than a year to do specific jobs.

But firms will still be able to bring non-EU workers into the UK on ICTs for less than 12 months as long as they earn £24,000.

So does not look good .. goodbye entery level IT jobs or offshore resource coming to take jobs back to India..

Comment

I think a good solution would be to have a national Bench register, only when this is empty do we all allow Bobs in, and as soon as the Bench Register is not empty we close the doors.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  £24K isn't much to live on in London these days though is it? Assuming that excludes renting costs and council tax. Still, I suppose what's left over will go 5 times as far back in India. Perhaps they get tax perks too?
                  Let me help you out here.

All the bigwigs rent a huge house and cram them full with these ICT's . It is a win - win for both the company and the Bob.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Don't worry the government will raise the amount at some point i.e. when Turkey or Albania join the EU.

And yes I've worked with Turks.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by lightfoot View Post
                      But firms will still be able to bring non-EU workers into the UK on ICTs for less than 12 months as long as they earn £24,000.
                      And no limit on the number of ICTers that can come here earning £24K for 12 months presumably. Just until the UK is full, which I imagine we were close to anyway, and their salary not far off £24K either. Little wonder business was saying how happy they were with this.
                      Last edited by TimberWolf; 23 November 2010, 16:31.

Comment

Working...
                      X