• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

self indulgent abuse and insult trading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Anyway, I'm suffering a minor dark night of the soul, I should really go back to real life instead of just trying to take my mind off it in here. To be honest I just don't care.

So I'll just leave you guys to keep with the and and say goodnight.
    G'night me dear
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Who?
      I'd rather not mention him, it's like Beetlejuice, say his name and he might appear.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Who is the gang/clique? Different people seem to make this claim, but aimed at different groups... I'm not so sure about cliques other than people just spoiling for a fight. People who seem to be ganging up in one thread may be at each others' throats in another.

Which CUKkers are bald?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
          I'd rather not mention him, it's like Beetlejuice, say his name and he might appear.
          I think there are a few of those.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            People who seem to be ganging up in one thread may be at each others' throats in another.
            WTDS

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              I must admit it is a bit irritating when people gang up on new posters for no apparent reason, like that guy RdP (or similar nick) only a day or two ago. He seemed a sound enough guy, but probably won't bother posting again.
              Well said OwlHoot. There's a place for ascerbic comment and sarcasm, but some people here think it should just be sprayed around indiscrimately, just because they are frequent and/or long-standing posters.

The impression from the outside (speaking as one who hasn't posted here for ages but goes back to the 'old days' of the anti-IR35 forum) is that CUK is now mostly a clique of arrogant, self-absorbed, cock-waving* bullies.

*and some of those without actual cocks are the worst.

It wasn't always so, and it saddens me.
              Last edited by bogeyman; 18 November 2010, 00:53. Reason: sp.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment but BnP was a tosser. Bad example.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I agree there's a hell of a lot of trolling and sockpuppetry on CUK these days, to the point where the noise to signal ratio is so high that many threads aren't worth reading.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    I agree there's a hell of a lot of trolling and sockpuppetry on CUK these days, to the point where the noise to signal ratio is so high that many threads aren't worth reading.
                    It's not so much the S/NR Tyke. It's the sheer spite from some of the posters here I can't stand.

I was reminded of this tonight when I made a thread about a TV show, made back in the 1970s. Then the 'comedians' (you know who - see thread) pile in to willfully feck up and derail the thread.

One poster here in particular, plays the 'old soldier' and cannot possibly bare to be out-comicked, and so ruins any thread that might be interesting or amusing with his innane claptrap. He has sockies, or followers, who pile in with more irrelevent bolloux, totally devaluing the original post.

I've seen this pattern so many times here recently.

Well, If I don't like it, I suppose I should just feck off and do one.

Probably I will.
                    Last edited by bogeyman; 18 November 2010, 02:21.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I thought that BdP landed in General with fantastic aplomb.

Made for very amusing reading and he gave a number of posters a very bloody nose.

General has always been a willy wavers paradise. The business forums are strictly off limits and a banning offense.

I think this thread is cyclical and appears every few
                      months or so.

My personal frequency is about to dro
                      significantly as one client has banned Internet access and
                      I'm frankly too busy elsewhere.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X