• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business model of sofa sellers in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, but I know what I like (when trying to sit on one of them).
    And thus, DFS & Harveys will always have a market...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

If they don't have fook all in stock then their overheads should be minimal - margins on such sofas should be next to nothing, yet somehow they make 50% discounts and still clearly making a killing on it.

How long does it take to build a sofa anyway, provided materials are available (which they should be given the price). One week wait should be max - not for common colours either.

Comment

If they don't have fook all in stock then their overheads should be minimal - margins on such sofas should be next to nothing, yet somehow they make 50% discounts and still clearly making a killing on it.

How long does it take to build a sofa anyway, provided materials are available (which they should be given the price). One week wait should be max - not for common colours either.
        Takes 12 weeks for the horse and cart to make it from Romania.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Takes 12 weeks for the horse and cart to make it from Romania.
          Good point.

Repost it in this thread.

Comment

They're rubbish and are made in China.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Think yourself lucky. The place I'm in now has the living room upstairs (a converted barn), the spiral staircase is a showstopper for moving furniture so had to remove one window and frame, move the big stuff in by crane.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                Oh dear, you haven't quite understood what style is?
                To be fair AtW does have a point. I'd rather have something that is comfortable, than some designer sofa.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  To be fair AtW does have a point. I'd rather have something that is comfortable, than some designer sofa.
                  Designer doesn't necessarily mean stylish although I get your point. I tend towards more traditional styles but regardless of that comfort is of course paramount otherwise it's just something to look at or be irritated by.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

See other thread for how Harveys operates.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why are you still going to the big stores?

Do some research then pick a local shop/manufacturer.
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X