• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business model of sofa sellers in UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Why are you still going to the big stores?
    FFS, I was just driving past it - I need a fooking sofa, I thought it would not be a big deal in a developed nation - it took less time to get unreleased engineering sample of a state of the art microprocessor before it got officially released ffs

Comment

In 12 weeks you could probably learn how to make a sofa, obtain the materials (wood, foam, formaldehyde, stain remover) and build it. Not DFS tulip either, a proper big one.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        In 12 weeks you could probably learn how to make a sofa, obtain the materials (wood, foam, formaldehyde, stain remover) and build it. Not DFS tulip either, a proper big one.
        WHS

1 week to ship it from far away would have been acceptable, FFS - 12 weeks is quater of the year, it takes less time to create bird flu vaccine to order...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          WHS

1 week to ship it from far away would have been acceptable, FFS - 12 weeks is quater of the year, it takes less time to create bird flu vaccine to order...
          In the meantime you could use spare servers:

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            In the meantime you could use spare servers
            I am way past it - all I want is a nice quality ;eather sofa delivered next day

Comment

I am way past it - all I want is a nice quality ;eather sofa delivered next day
              What about a hammock while you wait? 12 weeks is a long time to sit on the floor.

Alternatively some foam pads stretched from one end of a wall to the other, but that's almost a sofa already, if not better.

Comment

If I was in the market for furniture I'd go to
                Auction rooms.
                Local blind craft centre. We've had good furniture from them before and it keeps local blind people in employment.
                Slask, South West of Poland Can't remember the name of the villages but every second place was a craft furniture manufacturer. Solid buld, no softwood or staples.

Comment

Originally posted by Aman View Post
                  Local blind craft centre. We've had good furniture from them before and it keeps local blind people in employment.
                  Looking at the quality of the DFS stuff, I think they employ blind workers too.

My only DFS sofa lasted 2 years then fell to bits. I've had shoes last longer than that.

Comment

Top Tip: Don't buy a bed with drawers underneath. They consist of MDF planks stapled together and cardboard bottoms, which are also stapled. The bottoms fall out as soon as you put something in them and the entire structure disintegrates into a pile of MDF splinters the first time you pull one out and try to push it back in.

Comment

WHS

We have been waiting 7 years to get a decent result back from your search engine.

Comment

Working...
                      X