• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best family skiiing resort...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I have been to Meribel for approximately the last 9 times I've been skiing for the simple reason that I can get free accom. there.
    Why not try www.skinflintskiing.com then?

I am sure they have relatively gentle slopes there that will not be beyond your "ability"!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

...for the simple reason that I can get free accom. there.
      And here we were thinking that a gentleman of your means <cough> wouldn't be concerned with the price of his accommodation.
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
        And here we were thinking that a gentleman of your means <cough> wouldn't be concerned with the price of his accommodation.
        I am tight as a nun's wotsit when it comes to unnecessary spending.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Are you another one of these cretins who jumps in feet first without reading a thread?
          I have been to Meribel for approximately the last 9 times I've been skiing for the simple reason that I can get free accom. there. I like it well enough but its not family friendly, more for a single person.

HTH, but IDI.
          Sure, sure, sure.

You determine your ski-ing holiday according to your wallet. I tell you what, Milton Keynes has a lovely little slope for skinflints like you. Leave the proper resorts to those of us who do it for the adrenaline.
          "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I am tight as a nun's wotsit when it comes to unnecessary spending.
            An attribute that sits comfortably, cheek by jowl, with most of the others you display so ubiquitously on the forum.

So you have been skiing since you were a kid, yet have no idea about where to take your own kid skiing? Not terribly quick on the uptake are you?

Your Missus is not interested in it, your sprog can barely walk yet, but you are insistent upon taking them off to the mountains just so you can practice your snowplough turns on the intermediate slopes! What a piece of work!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

1) Your child is too young to start skiing. 3 is the youngest age they can start lessons at. What you really mean is, "I want a skiing holiday before the little chap is old enough to know what he is missing".

2) Are you going to spend all day skiing whilst your missus looks after the kid? In which case, why not stick with Meribel? The gondola goes all the way down the hill to the town (forget what it's called now) so if she's spending a day baby sitting then you're covered, she can go to the pool, the shops, the spa etc.. You can also drive there quite easily.

3) If you want something new, Soldeu in Andorra is a nice resort, with a spa hotel right next to the gondola. It is also in a valley so has walking opportunities.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Are you going to spend all day skiing whilst your missus looks after the kid?
                Or better still, why not get her a 2-week placement working in the on-site creche? That way she can combine looking after the sprog with earning herself a salary, which will cover most of the cost of your cheapskate holiday? On her day off she can come and video you doing your best "Jackass" impressions!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Or better still, why not get her a 2-week placement working in the on-site creche? That way she can combine looking after the sprog with earning herself a salary, which will cover most of the cost of your cheapskate holiday? On her day off she can come and video you doing your best "Jackass" impressions!!

Not having a go as Sasguru since others are more experienced...

That's classic shaunbhoy

Comment

Support Britain!

BBC News - Scottish ski season gets under way

Comment

Ski chalet ski holidays for friends and families | Chilled Mountain | Oz en Oisans
                      another contractors plan d.

Beautiful catered chalets, view breathtaking can't vouch for the skiing.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X