• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yesterday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday

I bought an engagement ring..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Originally posted by chef View Post
    I bought an engagement ring..
    Well done sir!!

Hope the proposal goes well.....

Comment

ohhh how exciting what style did you get?
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Wow! Does she have any idea?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Christmas is the planned date to give her the ring, the actual proposal might happen a few weeks later given that the ring is inside a Reverse Geocache box i.e it can only be opened at a certain GPS location, that location is a small island off the north coast of Germany which is approx 400km away from home and so we would need to plan a weekend away. The location is special to her and not just some random faraway island in the North Sea.

In short, christmas day she gets a walnut box that is locked and has a button and lcd screen on the top. Press the button and it tells you the distance to where the box can be opened and the number of attempts (increasing by 1 each time the button is pressed) to 50.

"This is attempt 1 of 50"
          Distance 451km
          *Access Denied*
          Powering Off"

press it again you get "Attempt 2 of 50" etc.
          Last edited by chef; 10 November 2010, 10:06.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Wow! Does she have any idea?
            Yes and no. We have talked about marraige etc. in the way of "when we're married..." but I think the actual asking would be a surprise (in a good way).

Comment

Christmas is the planned date to give her the ring, the actual proposal might happen a few weeks later given that the ring is inside a Reverse Geocache box i.e it can only be opened at a certain GPS location, that location is a small island off the north coast of Germany which is approx 400km away from home and so we would need to plan a weekend away. The location is special to her and not just some random faraway island in the North Sea.
              Very romantic(and geeky), you old dog!

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats

Can you override the geocache box ?

Comment

You're going to give the ring and then propose later, or was that a typo? If you've got some crazy magic box, definitely propose at the time I'd say.

I never heard of one of those boxes though, I hope it's reliable
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Congrats

Can you override the geocache box ?
                    yes, I've added a 5v barrel jack in the lower side of it, if it detects power for a few 10 secs then it displays a message on the LCD saying "Excess Voltage! Remove Power", after 30 more secs the LCD displays "3y↑בּ#* Vθц<%^&", after 3 mins the message flashes once and again at 4 mins, if you press the button twice in the 3-4min window it triggers the servo lock switch

that should prevent her from over-riding the box but allow me to get access to it if I need to.
                    Last edited by chef; 10 November 2010, 09:49.

Comment

Working...
                    X