• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chirac he really gets on my goat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The French

Lucifer and hyperD; thanks for the links. I'll definitely have to check them out.

Comment

Good sites there, Louis Cypher, thanks. I shall look them up.

If people only looked at the sh1te in microwave and junk food and wonder why asthma, psoriasis, allergies are on the increase then rather blame pollution, start looking at the hormones and chemicals people are ingesting each year thanks to supermarkets.

The impact on their immune systems must be phenomenal.

Ban supermarkets, encourage local farming markets. Technology can make it viable to even the most hardened, single, overworked commuter.

Comment

You're welcome, hyperD. I feel passionately about the quality of the stuff me and my family eat and also about cutting the rapacious supermarkets out of the supply chain. Everyone should try the Devon Rose dry cure apple-smoked bacon (sample available on eBay for one of your Earth pounds... Apple-Smoked Bacon) - if you did you would never buy some water injected, grey and tasteless supermarket sh1te ever again.

Comment

Read somewhere that it now takes about 42 days from hatching to produce a chicken.

Which probably can't stand up because its legs are too weak to support it...

(Gosh, that was close, just removed a grocer's's apostrophe..)

Comment

Re: No$h

> Three times. Don't forget the defeat of Napoleon.

Four times if you count the Spanish Armada, whose purpose was to transport across the Channel a Spanish army camped in the Netherlands. I think the army sloped off after the Armada was wrecked and scattered (wouldn't swear to it though).

Comment

Myself and my family as well Lucifer!

When I'm with my wife in her village in Hungary, they make the greatest sausages from freshly slaughtered pigs - a village event where everything is shared.

I cannot tell you how fantastic the freshly made sausages taste - the only ingredients being pork, paprika and spices and a little cooked rice filler.

It's an amazing taste - you really notice the difference when they don't add sodium nitrate preservative to it like they do in the supermarkets.

Comment

Mmmm... paprika sausage...

Comment

Four times if you count the Spanish Armada
                  Five times if you count that French Exchange kid who's head I kicked in in 1984! An 'Away' fixture as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X