• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever been in a proper fight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    No, it wasn't pretty at all.
    That's how they like it.

Comment

I responded to the poll with, nothing more than a playground scuffle.

I then remembered one incident some years ago with my best mate, which neither of us has mentioned since, and which no one else knows about.

We lived together at the time, while she was a student at uni in Bristol. I had just fallen into contracting, while she was sitting at home stoned nearly every day, doing very little. Fun times didn't last long, as she's a lazy bugger and started borrowing more and more money from me in order to try to keep up the fun times.

Eventually I had to ask her to pay me back what she owed me (I hate these situations) and she reacted rather oddly, responding with a firm 'no', and somehow implying that I was out of pocket as I was silly enough to lend her the money.

The camel's back well and truly broken, I finally saw red. I can remember that moment very clearly - I'm not proud of it.

We were both eating pot noodles at the time. I started shouting at her, and can vaguely remember advancing on her with my fork and one clear thought - I'm going to stab her in the head with this fork. We had a minor scuffle, during which tops were ripped, she ripped trackmarks in my neck with her nails, I tried (unsuccessfully) to stab her, she kicked me in the head, and I punched her in the cheek.

I never did get that money.
      Two birds wrestling in noodles ? brilliant

I'm off to give granny bone a good seeing to

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        If someone is giving you no choice but to fight or run, then why wouldn't you fight?
        Because a fight is an inherently unpredictable situation with a significant element of risk. How do you know that three of his mates aren't about to walk around the corner? Can you be certain he's not carrying a weapon?

What if you decide to fight, punch the other bloke, he staggers backwards, trips on the kerb, falls and fractures his skull on the pavement?

If he subsequently dies, you're looking at serious jail time.

On the other hand, if you're attacked and need to defend yourself, by all means fight. Fight dirty and fight like hell.
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

I never did get that money.
          If you lend a 'friend' money and never see it or them again, it's money well spent IMHO.*

*obviously this doesn't hold true for megabucks.

Comment

We can't live in fear all the time. We would never leave the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              If you lend a 'friend' money and never see it or them again, it's money well spent IMHO.*

*obviously this doesn't hold true for megabucks.
              I know this, but never quite learned the lesson properly until recently. I'm just too nice, you see?
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I then remembered one incident some years ago with my best mate, which neither of us has mentioned since, and which no one else knows about.
                This started so well... you and your GF were having a Pot noodle and you don't ever talk about it.

That's the version I'm choosing to remember anyway.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                  Because a fight is an inherently unpredictable situation with a significant element of risk. How do you know that three of his mates aren't about to walk around the corner? Can you be certain he's not carrying a weapon?

What if you decide to fight, punch the other bloke, he staggers backwards, trips on the kerb, falls and fractures his skull on the pavement?

On the other hand, if you're attacked and need to defend yourself, by all means fight. Fight dirty and fight like hell.
                  But so is leaving your front door, also risky is letting yourself be know as a coward, everyone will see you as an easy target, before you know it you are in a skip getting pissed on. "I better not fight back in case I accidentally kill them, they cant have too much more piss left?"

Comment

And run away the moment you can. Kicking them in the balls and legging it...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

spot on my friend.

my last one, a couple of years ago, was a manc standing over me threatening me with a glassing. I was pinned back deep in a couch.
                      So I bonged him on the side of the ead with a whisky bottle

heh heh, 'dont like scousers eh ? well ave some - bonnnggg'

35 year old lad picking on an fifty sommat old geezer - he deserved it

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X