• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those Peace Loving Muslims Are At It Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You too

Originally posted by Fungus
    He soon learnt that most people lived in fear in what was little more than a police state with the populace cowed by fear of attack by the police.

Can learn this lesson right here at home all you have to do is have a pop at gays or ethnics and you too can have the police crawling all over your lives.

Police I sh1t'em, I wouldn't p1s s on them if they were on fire...

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      Authoritarian repressive regimes are using a hate figure (them) to take public opinion away from small things like freedom at home.
      You've lost me there gov. What you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by vista
        Can learn this lesson right here at home all you have to do is have a pop at gays or ethnics and you too can have the police crawling all over your lives.

Police I sh1t'em, I wouldn't p1s s on them if they were on fire...
        You must be a white middle class heterosexual Anglo-Saxon male, the world's favourite hate figure. Get a sun tan. It does wonders for the way the police respond. "Yes Sir, you are being ethnically infringed are you Sir, [sound of teeth sucking] that's serious Sir, we'd better drop our current murder investigation pronto."

Comment

Fungus

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Dundeegeorge
          Authoritarian repressive regimes are using a hate figure (them) to take public opinion away from small things like freedom at home.

I was reading that as "Authoritarian repressive regimes (The government) are using a hate figure (Muslims) to take public opinion away from small things like freedom at home."

I mean, has anyone actually read 1984, FFS.
          Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dundeegeorge

I was reading that as "Authoritarian repressive regimes (The government) are using a hate figure (Muslims) to take public opinion away from small things like freedom at home."

I mean, has anyone actually read 1984, FFS.
            Read it? I lived it. What a silly question.

I always have a good laff at woolly liberals who equate our flawed democratic society with oppressive authoritarian dictatorships. Ah well.

Comment

For heavens sake!! DG is right!!! Blair is Stalin, Beelzebub, Hitler, Pol Pot, Giles De Rai, Daryh Vader and the evil witch of the West all rolled into one. Everyone knows that. Get a grip Fungus.

More seriously, it may not be an exact equation with such societies, but the principle holds true and the techniques employed to manipulate the citizen are the same.

For once I agree with the wishy washy new leader of the Tory party (he is so blithering I have quite forgotten his name again). We do not need all these extra powers against terrorism, as the Hamza trial showed, we already have what we need. "Glorifying terrorism" is a bollox offence. ID cards are an unnecessary and ridiculous expense to no purpose. So somebody is planning an act of terrorism? It says that on his ID card does it? But this bloody government raises all these spectres to turn public opinion in favour of these nonsense based assaults on our freedom.

What is the motive? Have we seen one sensible, by which I mean practical example based, argument from the government on these issues? The DT also suggested this week that the rush to implement a religious hatred bill, almost entirely on lobbying by Muslim groups, is largely driven by the large number of marginal sets they could lose to the lib dems that have a significant Islamic vote.

Darmstadt had the answer the other day, governments are about power - winning it and keeping it. Everything else is secondary. If you think the notional term "democratic" alters that principle one tiny iota you are barmy.
              Last edited by xoggoth; 11 February 2006, 19:59.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Dundee George is a WOOLLY LIBERAL??????

Hehehehehehehehehehhhe
                hooohahahahhehhehehahhah
                Hehehehehehehehehehhhe
                hooohahahahhehhehehahhah
                Hehehehehehehehehehhhe
                hooohahahahhehhehehahhah
                Hehehehehehehehehehhhe
                hooohahahahhehhehehahhah
                Hehehehehehehehehehhhe
                hooohahahahhehhehehahhah
                Hehehehehehehehehehhhe
                hooohahahahhehhehehahhah
                H0..
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth
                  For heavens sake!! DG is right!!! Blair is Stalin, Beelzebub, Hitler, Pol Pot, Giles De Rai, Daryh Vader and the evil witch of the West all rolled into one. Everyone knows that. Get a grip Fungus.

More seriously, it may not be an exact equation with such societies, but the principle holds true and the techniques employed to manipulate the citizen are the same.

For once I agree with the wishy washy new leader of the Tory party (he is so blithering I have quite forgotten his name again). We do not need all these extra powers against terrorism, as the Hamza trial showed, we already have what we need. "Glorifying terrorism" is a bollox offence. ID cards are an unnecessary and ridiculous expense to no purpose. So somebody is planning an act of terrorism? It says that on his ID card does it? But this bloody government raises all these spectres to turn public opinion in favour of these nonsense based assaults on our freedom.

What is the motive? Have we seen one sensible, by which I mean practical example based, argument from the government on these issues? The DT also suggested this week that the rush to implement a religious hatred bill, almost entirely on lobbying by Muslim groups, is largely driven by the large number of marginal sets they could lose to the lib dems that have a significant Islamic vote.

Darmstadt had the answer the other day, governments are about power - winning it and keeping it. Everything else is secondary. If you think the notional term "democratic" alters that principle one tiny iota you are barmy.
                  Yeah, okay, I can't disagree with most of that.

I've heard a lot of big knobs in the legal system say that we have enough laws to do the job. The problem is that we did not wake up early enough to the threat. I'm sure some people are trying to make themselves look good by pretending that it was lack of laws that allowed 9/11 etc.

I think that ID cards are a good idea. You check them and if the occupation says "Terrorist" then you arrest them. Simple innit.

Of course governments are about power.

Comment

[QUOTE]I think that ID cards are a good idea. You check them and if the occupation says "Terrorist" then you arrest them. Simple innit.QUOTE]

Yeah, and if they don't have "Terrorist" on it then you can arrest them for having a false ID.

Like it.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X