• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AA Rip-Off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Somehow I think he used this story to tell us he owns a BMW.
    Why on earth would anyone want to publicise such a shameful truth?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Why on earth would anyone want to publicise such a shameful truth?
      I didn't I will be selling my car anyway I never use it, ill just rent when I need one.

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
        I didn't I will be selling my car anyway.
        You can refill it you know?
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

My petrol gauge is on the blink again. It seems to alternate, for some months at a time, bewteen giving the correct fuel level and zero. From what I've read about the focus it's an extremely expensive unit to repair, so I'm hoping it will start working on its own again. Until then I'm back to using the odometer.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            I know I have the AA's number, just one phone call and £80 away.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              My petrol gauge is on the blink again. It seems to alternate, for some months at a time, bewteen giving the correct fuel level and zero. From what I've read about the focus it's an extremely expensive unit to repair, so I'm hoping it will start working on its own again. Until then I'm back to using the odometer.
              Does it have a gradual fault where it slowly moves from "correct" towards empty, getting worse the more you drive?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Does it have a gradual fault where it slowly moves from "correct" towards empty, getting worse the more you drive?
                Nope, it shows either accurate or zero from ignition-on. With ignition off the needle lies in the middle position, rather than to the left as when it's showing empty. The fuel warning light also comes on. I think it is the sender by the petrol tank, which costs £hundreds I gather.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Andy McNab's Covert Surveillance Tip #42: Always keep the car topped up with fuel - you'll never know when you need to make a sudden long journey.
                  Some years ago I had my car stolen and the tank was near empty. The car was abandoned half a mile away.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by kandr View Post
                    The AA prey on people in the tulip, and royally screw them, I don't mind having to join, but why the £80 fee?
                    think of it as a "I should remember that cars need fuel to run" fee
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X