• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone healthy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Coming up to middle age, only about half a stone heavier than I was when I was 18
    Still a weedy pigeon then? LOL
    No wonder you failed the medical for the RAF!!!!
    You are clearly made of the "right stuff" sas.......................we just have to decide the "right stuff" for what?
    Window Dressing and Flower Arrangement are attracting heavy votes!! Although it would not be out of character for you to be CUK's answer to Gok Wan!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      I've done 11 months on this project and not had a day off due to laziness, ill-health or drunken debauchery.

Pity I won't make it to 12 months...
      If I take a day off a contract it's not because of
      I'll health it's due to boredom i disguise as illness
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        If I take a day off a contract it's not because of
        I'll health it's due to boredom i disguise as illness
        I didn't say that I hadn't had a day off.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I lost the last week of a contract in Cheltenham due to Typhoid Mary coughing away at the other end of the office.

I was a tad upset.
          I've had a cough and splutter the last two weeks. The FM opposite me was really pissed off and wanted me off site. Half the office went off sick but not
          me.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Had Campylobacter food posioning from a chinese restaurant when I was 18. Since then I've been fine except for one or two alcohol related no shows, but only when I was perm. Also while self employed no sick days at all apart from the odd cold which I battled through.

While working from home office and not doing long train/tube commutes into London and keeping fit, I've not had any of the flu/cold/vomiting stuff that goes around for years (no kids either which seems to be a factor according to my friends continual bugs).

However, last year and the year before I've had a plethora of illnesses ranging from chest infections, depression, abscesses, a whole bunch of stuff one after the other. But this year I have been absolutely fine again.

I think extreme stress/emotional turmoil can knock your immune system for six because that is the only explanation I have for the period of illness.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

So far so good. But then my sister was in really good health 2 years back, then she blacked out and broke a wrist. Found she had a heart condition and brittle bones.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Coming up to middle age, only about half a stone heavier than I was when I was 18. Quit smoking years ago (cigs and other stuff). Prob drink a bit too much but who doesn't.
                Can still run steadily for an hour and do 30 push ups in not very long.
                OK I guess. Could do better.
                But have genes with longevity - grandparents died mostly of old age and accidents in their 90s.
                And gramps was a heavy drinker. Fell off his bike when he was 92 and fractured his skull. Died of MRSA a week later.
                Ever notice when I kid gets murdered or dies through some horrible disease, it's allways the hapy-go-lucky popular members of the class. On this basis I suspect you'll live forever
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Never been admitted to hospital and never broken a bone. I've had a couple of days off in the last 18 mths, due to some bastard slamming into my car at a junction.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Oh, that's worth looking into. I got briefly interested in the family tree when one of my relatives turned up with one. I uploaded his research onto genesreunited and then got bored. I never did pay for the subscription with them but I get regular messages from genesreunited saying someone wants to communicate and see the tree. I let them see the tree but could never be bothered to join to read messages. Anyway, I'll have a look at the tree for longevity. I have a feeling they were oldies when they croaked.
                    Okay, had a quick look. Unfortunately I only have birth dates for my father's side of the tree and I think my mother's had the better longevity record. At least I hope so The females didn't last long, not sure what happened there.

Grandfather 75, Great grandfather 85
                    Grandmother 33 (his second wife lived to 81 though, but not my genes), Great grandmother 37

I keep meaning to ask my mother more about her side of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      Okay, had a quick look. Unfortunately I only have birth dates for my father's side of the tree and I think my mother's had the better longevity record. At least I hope so The females didn't last long, not sure what happened there.

Grandfather 75, Great grandfather 85
                      Grandmother 33 (his second wife lived to 81 though, but not my genes), Great grandmother 37

I keep meaning to ask my mother more about her side of the family.
                      If you want something looking up I'll be happy to do it. Female mortality was usually related to having sprogs - if you made it to no 3 or so you'd probably be OK (or at least that's what it looks like).
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X