• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh frackety, frack, frack, frack.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I don't have to do anything yet. I'm going to have to think about all this.

There must be a way round it. I'm not on Hector's radar and as long as I do nothing to bring HAB Inc to his attention I should be OK for now.

The problem is that any sales in Europe will cause questions to be asked. I'll have to stick to the US.
    f###ing yank
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
      Not being a veteran of this esteemed forum, I've no idea, so I have to ask - what is it that you do, exactly?
      I can't be exact.

I have a trading / market analysis consultancy based in one of the offshore tax havens. However, I am in the UK for a couple of reasons including family, medical and a few others.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        f###ing yank
        You calling me a septic?
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Does this mean we can link every response that had something along the lines of 'I don't care anyway because it doesn't affect me' just for comedy value?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

HAB, what if you jut up and leave? And how did the whole legal case get started... is it HMRC or someone else (if you can safely say)?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not being a veteran of this esteemed forum, I've no idea, so I have to ask - what is it that you do, exactly?
              Uh-oh. Possible HMR&C alert

Don't tell him your name, Pike!

DOH!
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I can't be exact.

I have a trading / market analysis consultancy based in one of the offshore tax havens. However, I am in the UK for a couple of reasons including family, medical and a few others.
                Er, if you are in the UK enough to qualify for paying taxes, pay them. If you don't want to do that, get out.
                Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                  Er, if you are in the UK enough to qualify for paying taxes, pay them...
                  Why bother? Have you seen what they do with the money you give them?
                  You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Oh froggety, frog, frog, frog.

Comment

Why bother? Have you seen what they do with the money you give them?
                      AFAIR action in a democracy is through the ballot box, it doesn't normally extend to paying only those taxes you like.

If you don't like that then go and live somewhere whose tax system you do like.

If you choose to live in the UK, pay UK taxes. And don't just whinge that you didn't mean to be here and wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your relatives, or even because you want to take from the health service what you don't want to pay for in taxes.
                      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Working...
                      X