• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh frackety, frack, frack, frack."

Collapse

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Hector View Post
    Good morning.

Leave a comment:

• Hector
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Good morning Hector.
    Good morning.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    Why bother? Have you seen what they do with the money you give them?
    AFAIR action in a democracy is through the ballot box, it doesn't normally extend to paying only those taxes you like.

If you don't like that then go and live somewhere whose tax system you do like.

If you choose to live in the UK, pay UK taxes. And don't just whinge that you didn't mean to be here and wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your relatives, or even because you want to take from the health service what you don't want to pay for in taxes.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Oh froggety, frog, frog, frog.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Er, if you are in the UK enough to qualify for paying taxes, pay them...
    Why bother? Have you seen what they do with the money you give them?

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I can't be exact.

I have a trading / market analysis consultancy based in one of the offshore tax havens. However, I am in the UK for a couple of reasons including family, medical and a few others.
    Er, if you are in the UK enough to qualify for paying taxes, pay them. If you don't want to do that, get out.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

Not being a veteran of this esteemed forum, I've no idea, so I have to ask - what is it that you do, exactly?
    Uh-oh. Possible HMR&C alert

Don't tell him your name, Pike!

DOH!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    HAB, what if you jut up and leave? And how did the whole legal case get started... is it HMRC or someone else (if you can safely say)?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Does this mean we can link every response that had something along the lines of 'I don't care anyway because it doesn't affect me' just for comedy value?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    f###ing yank
    You calling me a septic?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Not being a veteran of this esteemed forum, I've no idea, so I have to ask - what is it that you do, exactly?
    I can't be exact.

I have a trading / market analysis consultancy based in one of the offshore tax havens. However, I am in the UK for a couple of reasons including family, medical and a few others.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I don't have to do anything yet. I'm going to have to think about all this.

There must be a way round it. I'm not on Hector's radar and as long as I do nothing to bring HAB Inc to his attention I should be OK for now.

The problem is that any sales in Europe will cause questions to be asked. I'll have to stick to the US.
    f###ing yank

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied

There must be a way round it. I'm not on Hector's radar and as long as I do nothing to bring HAB Inc to his attention I should be OK for now.

The problem is that any sales in Europe will cause questions to be asked. I'll have to stick to the US.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    How about registering the company in the Isle of Man, or Vatican City ?
    Indeed, or if Gibraltar would be OK, PM me for a friendly contact.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X