• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ruined

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    This wouldn't happen under the Tories, damn Lieberals
    New Labour devolved all power to the EU, so there's nothing any party can do now, except pull out of the EU.

Thanks Blair and Gordon.

Comment

The deal has already been sweetend by the sale of Hawk training aircraft to India - aircraft that India will be assembling themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        New Labour devolved all power to the EU, so there's nothing any party can do now, except pull out of the EU.

Thanks Blair and Gordon.

Really? Can you remind me of when and how New Labour did that?
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
          Really? Can you remind me of when and how New Labour did that?
          Treaty of Lisbon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Prime Minister Gordon Brown of the United Kingdom did not take part in the main ceremony, and instead signed the treaty separately a number of hours after the other delegates. A requirement to appear before a committee of British MPs was cited as the reason for his absence.

Sorry, you didn't get to vote on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Free trade deals can only be mutually beneficial for countries on about the same or close level of development (includes laws protecting workers, minimum wage etc).
            Bollocks

Hong Kong was lump of mud with a fishing boat, then Britain freed it up for trade with the world. It got rich and helped make Britain rich.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Let's hope that Bob manages to put the wings on the right way round & the right way up.
              Does it matter? They'll be Bob trainees flying them...

Comment

Contracting is dead, seriously. I'm in an office filled with bobs on 18 grand a year. They may be shoite but management would rather hire 5 of them to the one of me.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Contracting is dead, seriously. I'm in an office filled with bobs on 18 grand a year. They may be shoite but management would rather hire 5 of them to the one of me.
                  Just charge 'em double to fix it later.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    They have spent 12 months writing a CMS application, I could have done it in a week, downloaded one of the JSR-170 spec applications like apache jackrabbit and done a few days conguguration.

It's shocking but that is what you get when you hire Poles and Bobs,

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      That's what I'm hoping for. The problem is when will people realise that they've paid the same amount for an inferior product?
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X