• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

*** Cyclists on Trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another angry, red-faced grunt appears.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      And another angry, red-faced grunt appears.
      Not at all. I'm all for cyclists if they obey the same rules of the roads that govern the rest of us. Merely responding to your threats of violence/little chat.

Comment

Cyclists should stick to cycle tracks jsut like how we car drivers stick to roads.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Cyclists should stick to cycle tracks jsut like how we car drivers stick to roads.
          That isn't always possible
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

I'm currently working in the cycle capital of Germany (even more than Holland methinks) and they pretty much tend to keep to the rules and car drivers are very conscientious of them here but even so they can be a bit of a pain at times when they don't follow the rules but...they get nicked here and its enjoyable watching it. The Ordnungsamt have cycle checkpoints and if you're caught riding where you shouldn't, like the pedestrian only town center, then its an on the spot fine or doing something wrong. The town is also home to a lot of students, the majority of which seem to be young women of which for some reason, 90% are attractive and look good riding bikes which has caused me numerous sharp braking moments (apparently there is something like 4 women to every man here!)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Why can't they put their bikes on the roof?
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                Why can't they put them and their bikes on the roof?
                FTFY
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                  You can tell who the fat, red-faced wheezers are on this forum!

Probably the same ones that nearly cry when a cyclist breezes past them in traffice queues or, even more telling, move over to try and block the cyclist!

Usually - to vent their frustrated, flabby spleens - they crop up on forums spouting drivel about running cyclists over. Strange how none of the drivers ever accept my offer of a chat by the roadside when they scream like babies and start making random air-signals.

All talk, no balls.
                  As long as cyclists use cycle paths when they exist and stick to single file within 3ft of the edge of the road then most of us won't have a problem with them.

I still think that the desire to dress in day-glo skin tight neoprene and get yourself about the place on an overgrown child's toy is a bit strange but each to their own (if you are interested in a change, I noticed that Hawkin's Bazaar now sell an adult sized Space Hopper - you could combine this with a set of Valentino Rossi bike leathers and start a whole new ecologically sound trend).
                  Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Not at all. I'm all for cyclists if they obey the same rules of the roads that govern the rest of us.
                    Do you follow the rules when driving your car? Speed limits, not undertaking, giving bikes a whole lane when overtaking, etc?

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                    As long as cyclists use cycle paths when they exist and stick to single file within 3ft of the edge of the road then most of us won't have a problem with them.
                    Those that cycle as a means of transportation rather than poncing about seem to be quite good on normal roads... probably because they know if they don't hug the kerb some middle-aged arse in an M3 will try to run them off the road.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Do you follow the rules when driving your car? Speed limits, not undertaking, giving bikes a whole lane when overtaking, etc?

Those that cycle as a means of transportation rather than poncing about seem to be quite good on normal roads... probably because they know if they don't hug the kerb some middle-aged arse in an M3 will try to run them off the road.
                      You're another self righteous twat, ain't yer?

This thread isn't about me, it's about cyclists.

Hth.

Comment

Working...
                      X