• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

*** Cyclists on Trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    I think there's something a bit weird about anyone over the age of 15/16 who still rides around on a pushbike. You don't see grown adults sitting on the train wiling away their commute time by playing with an Action Man or a Slinky do you?
    No but I'd recommend technical Lego for keeping one occupied on a long train journey; best reserve a seat with a table though.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I set fire to my action man.

Comment

Originally posted by BdP View Post
        There are enough Boris bikes in London and there is no reason whasoever to put their stupid bikes on the train.
        What about the 75-99% of England (depending how you measure things) that isn't London?

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        I think there's something a bit weird about anyone over the age of 15/16 who still rides around on a pushbike.
        Don't go to Cambridge then.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I commute with my (full size) bike. I get the 6:01 from Winchester to Basingstoke then the 06:27 from Basingstoke to Waterloo. In general I find that I get treated like crap by commuters who just push in front of me like I was invisible then moan when I "accidentally" run over their feet.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            I commute with my (full size) bike.
            Recumbent?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              Recumbent?
              Ok, a little test. There is currently a recumbent bicycle chained up at Swindon station. What colour is it?

Comment

You can tell who the fat, red-faced wheezers are on this forum!

Probably the same ones that nearly cry when a cyclist breezes past them in traffice queues or, even more telling, move over to try and block the cyclist!

Usually - to vent their frustrated, flabby spleens - they crop up on forums spouting drivel about running cyclists over. Strange how none of the drivers ever accept my offer of a chat by the roadside when they scream like babies and start making random air-signals.

All talk, no balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                  You can tell who the fat, red-faced wheezers are on this forum!

Probably the same ones that nearly cry when a cyclist breezes past them in traffice queues or, even more telling, move over to try and block the cyclist!

Usually - to vent their frustrated, flabby spleens - they crop up on forums spouting drivel about running cyclists over. Strange how none of the drivers ever accept my offer of a chat by the roadside when they scream like babies and start making random air-signals.

All talk, no balls.
                  You've just not met the right one yet. Give it time and you'll eventually get your smug self-righteous face kicked in.

Comment

Actually, I'm always amazed by the fat, red-faced slobs on the bikes desperately trying to give themselves a heart attack.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      Ok, a little test. There is currently a recumbent bicycle chained up at Swindon station. What colour is it?
                      recumbent bicycles are for the socially inept

Comment

Working...
                      X