• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car broken into!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    probably ?????????????
    Yes I know I thought the same, maybe we will if we get time before coffee and doughnuts.

Passenger window is fixed already, that was good going. Thanks Autoglass and the insurers who I can't remember as OH deals with the insurance on that car.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Sadly, the thieving scum barstewards are only after a fiver or so for their next fix - that's all they care about. They neither know nor care about the technical spec or the cost of your window - "He's insured......"

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
        Sadly, the thieving scum barstewards are only after a fiver or so for their next fix - that's all they care about. They neither know nor care about the technical spec or the cost of your window - "He's insured......"
        Why don't chavs just sniff glue? So much cheaper for everyone, Shirley?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

SOCO is coming at 3:30 to go over the car. Find the knut!
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Indeed. They'd have to go bloody fast though; big MB's are known for safety. According to the German safety lot, TÜV, If Diana and Dodi had been wearing seatbelts in that S-Class they'd almost certainly have survived smashing into a concrete post at 130km/h.

I suppose there is a downside to this level of safety when chavs nick the car.
            I always remember this advert playing in the cinema (in the UK despite it say it saying it is an Australian ad):

Mercedes W126 Ad

As it happens my Mum was smoking about in a 420SEL until last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
              They will have their best people on it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                SOCO is coming at 3:30 to go over the car. Find the knut!
                I hope they do but if your window has been fixed the aforementioned daffodil could claim possible contamination of the DNA sample. The rozzers will know who has done it though.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  They should have used a tin opener - Fiat's are still made of tin foil, aren't they?
                  You use a tin opener to remove foil?

Ya big jessie
                  Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Why don't chavs just sniff glue? So much cheaper for everyone, Shirley?
                    In the hierarchy of users, even the glue sniffers look down on furniture polish users.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Sympathy.

Could be worse. My brother-in-law died earlier in the year, and a couple of months later some kids stole his prized 1960s Saab from my sister and torched it.
                      I would be surprised if kids had done it. The door locks on the old SAABs are quite tricky to pick and the gear changes are not like floor shift.

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                      X