• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car broken into!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Indeed. They'd have to go bloody fast though; big MB's are known for safety. According to the German safety lot, TÜV, If Diana and Dodi had been wearing seatbelts in that S-Class they'd almost certainly have survived smashing into a concrete post at 130km/h.

I suppose there is a downside to this level of safety when chavs nick the car.
    I reckon you could sell that info to the Daily Express. Kerrrrching!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Like the bodyguard did.

Just goes to prove that being rich and thick aren't necessarily darwinian advantages.

Just think, we'd have missed years & years of entertainment by the egyptian grocer going it that had happened.
      It's good commercial sense; sell big overpowered expensive cars to rich thick people, but load them up with safety equipment and build the chassis out of girders. When they smash the car up and survive, they'll be so grateful you've saved their lives that they'll come back and buy another one.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        It's good commercial sense; sell big overpowered expensive cars to rich thick people, but load them up with safety equipment and build the chassis out of girders. When they smash the car up and survive, they'll be so grateful you've saved their lives that they'll come back and buy another one.
        It would be even better if a small % of them had dodgy brakes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          I haven’t had my car broken in to since I stopped using Ford cars with crap locks.

What make of car is it?
          Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
          Fiat Punto 06.

Broke in through the passenger side window, no other access as doors are deadlocked.

Gonna cost me £75 excess on the insurance for the window. Now I'm really f'ing angry.
          They should have used a tin opener - Fiat's are still made of tin foil, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            They should have used a tin opener - Fiat's are still made of tin foil, aren't they?
            The first car that I bought myself was a Fiat Uno Turbo IE. I was 19 and, predictably, I wrote it off.

It concertina'd like papier mache.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

UPDATE, blood in the car

UPDATE, there is some blood in the car, police are probably going to come out and take a sample.

I really hope they get the little tulip.
              Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

UPDATE, there is some blood in the car, police are probably going to come out and take a sample.

probably ?????????????
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  probably ?????????????
                  They will have their best people on it already.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                    They will have their best people on it already.

If the plod have sunk to the level where they say 'weelll, we might come out, you know, but not if its raining'

then I am going to give up

p.s. scragmeister - good luck , I hope they catch the fcks
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

... and tell him he's HIV positive
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X