• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Car broken into!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Car broken into!!!"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post

In the hierarchy of users, even the glue sniffers look down on furniture polish users.
    They must be on their last legs if they can get high on bees' wax.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post

You'd have thought that a device that knows where it is could somehow be made to let its rightful owner know where it has been taken.
    Why? The more devices that are nicked, the more rightful owners will want to rightfully buy and own a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Saddo
    replied
    Where was the car parked when it got broken into? On the street? On the drive? Public car park? Tescos? Wondering whether its location might have contributed to it being savaged.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Sympathy.

Could be worse. My brother-in-law died earlier in the year, and a couple of months later some kids stole his prized 1960s Saab from my sister and torched it.
    I would be surprised if kids had done it. The door locks on the old SAABs are quite tricky to pick and the gear changes are not like floor shift.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Why don't chavs just sniff glue? So much cheaper for everyone, Shirley?
    In the hierarchy of users, even the glue sniffers look down on furniture polish users.

Leave a comment:

• blacjac
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    They should have used a tin opener - Fiat's are still made of tin foil, aren't they?
    You use a tin opener to remove foil?

Ya big jessie

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    SOCO is coming at 3:30 to go over the car. Find the knut!
    I hope they do but if your window has been fixed the aforementioned daffodil could claim possible contamination of the DNA sample. The rozzers will know who has done it though.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    They will have their best people on it already.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Indeed. They'd have to go bloody fast though; big MB's are known for safety. According to the German safety lot, TÜV, If Diana and Dodi had been wearing seatbelts in that S-Class they'd almost certainly have survived smashing into a concrete post at 130km/h.

I suppose there is a downside to this level of safety when chavs nick the car.
    I always remember this advert playing in the cinema (in the UK despite it say it saying it is an Australian ad):

Mercedes W126 Ad

As it happens my Mum was smoking about in a 420SEL until last year.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    SOCO is coming at 3:30 to go over the car. Find the knut!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
    Sadly, the thieving scum barstewards are only after a fiver or so for their next fix - that's all they care about. They neither know nor care about the technical spec or the cost of your window - "He's insured......"
    Why don't chavs just sniff glue? So much cheaper for everyone, Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Sadly, the thieving scum barstewards are only after a fiver or so for their next fix - that's all they care about. They neither know nor care about the technical spec or the cost of your window - "He's insured......"

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    probably ?????????????
    Yes I know I thought the same, maybe we will if we get time before coffee and doughnuts.

Passenger window is fixed already, that was good going. Thanks Autoglass and the insurers who I can't remember as OH deals with the insurance on that car.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    UPDATE, there is some blood in the car, police are probably going to come out and take a sample.

I really hope they get the little tulip.
    ... and tell him he's HIV positive

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    They will have their best people on it already.

If the plod have sunk to the level where they say 'weelll, we might come out, you know, but not if its raining'

then I am going to give up

p.s. scragmeister - good luck , I hope they catch the fcks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X