• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Islamic Juggernaut Marches On...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

الله أَكْبَر

السلام
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      So why did you say BA was going to introduce halal meat?Either you were being disingenuous or you're a moron who can't understand English or both. Which is it?
      Cape Gourmet, BA - what's the difference. Either way it's yet another company helping to maintain a practice which belongs in the dark ages.

AND IF I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO STATE MY CASE WITHOUT BEING CALLED A MORON

Comment

Re remark about stunning further up.

The halal method of slaughter is exempted from a legal requirement to stun animals first. In halal terms, stunning is undesirable as there is a risk the animal may die before its throat is cut.
        The rights and wrongs of halal | Nesrine Malik | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What's wrong with Halal food? It tastes just the same to me. If I was a fast-food chain, I'd much rather have one product everyone would eat than a special 'Halal only' section I have to train all the grunts to understand, etc, etc.

My local Indian is Halal-only, the shame of it! I want a curry full of blood!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

الله أَكْبَر

السلام
            I have to test an app in arabic today.

I could wail about that.

Comment

Isn't there some hypocrisy in heartily consuming meat but being precious about how animals are butchered? Apart from lethal injection in a Swiss clinic somewhere, I cannot imagine that any method of execution is particularly pleasant. If you're squeamish about the killing, surely vegetarianism is the only tenable position.
              Sums it up for me. This whole anti-halal nonsense is simply a thinly-disguised attempt at masking Islamophobia.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Sums it up for me. This whole anti-halal nonsense is simply a thinly-disguised attempt at masking Islamophobia.
                ...which I suspect in many cases (thought not all) is a thinly disguised attempt at masking 'brownskinnedpeopleophobia'.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Some very good comments there. I particularly like this one:

A great many commited and energetic people have been working for years to make farming and animal slaughter practices more humane. They've been working against greed and the forces of the market place, but gradually have won the consumer round by reasonable arguments for animal welfare.
                  Hence the conditions of rearing and dispatch of farmed animals and poultry, although miles from perfect, are getting better bit by bit as the public become more aware.
                  That the dark ages superstitions of a vocal minority should have any impact on the progress of this is an utter and abominable disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I have to test an app in arabic today.

I could wail about that.
                    Interesting backspace and tab functionality? Confused yet?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                      Some very good comments there. I particularly like this one:

A great many commited and energetic people have been working for years to make farming and animal slaughter practices more humane. They've been working against greed and the forces of the market place, but gradually have won the consumer round by reasonable arguments for animal welfare.
                      Hence the conditions of rearing and dispatch of farmed animals and poultry, although miles from perfect, are getting better bit by bit as the public become more aware.
                      That the dark ages superstitions of a vocal minority should have any impact on the progress of this is an utter and abominable disgrace.
                      They're only animals ffs.

They're being killed to provide food.

End of.

Comment

Working...
                      X