• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Islamic Juggernaut Marches On...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given that there's so much concern about the last few seconds of an animal's life, I'd be interested to know more about the preceding months or years of the animal's life. I wonder if islamic law makes prescriptions for the welfare of animals reared for slaughter and how this welfare might compare to that of factory chickens or pigs.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      ...the disgraceful halal only policy brought in by Harrow council...
      That wasn't true, you moron.

Comment

I wasn't actually getting at your comments minestrone but this from SASguru:

It must be terrible to be so narrow minded, ignorant and stupid as to get your "news" from the "Wail".
        About a clear a statement as one can get of rejection of something simply because of the source.

You seem to ignore part of this "non story". What do your think is the implication in the longer term?

Peter van Niekerk, head of GateGroup in the UK, said: ‘We are at the moment competing for some more halal business and when we make that, the scale tips.’ He said the company would consult with customers such as BA and Cathay Pacific to ‘manage perceptions and manage such a transition’.
        Clippy. I am polite to minestrone as he argues sensibly but you are just one of these stupid kneejerk sorts who can't argue, you just smeer. Actually, if it was about some Islamic thing I didn't care about like Shariah banking or veils (under most circumstances).
        I wouldn't make any adverse comment as these are things that affect nobody else. But damned if I will be quiet when it affects issues like animal welfare which is something I do care about.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Actually it mostly was true Nick, unless you had an answer to my comment just following yours. I didn't see one.

It read as if for schools that did go with that caterer the only non halal options were vegetarian.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 13 September 2010, 13:00.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            But damned if I will be quiet when it affects issues like animal welfare which is something I do care about.
            Hear Hear

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I wasn't actually getting at your comments minestrone but this from SASguru:

About a clear a statement as one can get of rejection of something simply because of the source.

You seem to ignore part of this "non story". What do your think is the implication in the longer term?

Actually I'd ignore most of what I read in the press not just in the Daily Wail.
              However in this case the description "Wail" is well deserved - it is a complete non story. The caterer has decided that demand for halal is so great from its eastern/arabic airlines that it would be cheaper if everything was halal.
              Now this is purely a business decision that breaks no laws AFAIK, so its a complete non-story, that is rightly ignored by most of the "quality" papers.
              However it provokes the Pavlovian response in Gricerboy thats its designed to elicit - and no doubt for millions of others.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                However it provokes the Pavlovian response in Gricerboy thats its designed to elicit - and no doubt for millions of others.
                Yes, of course. I want to go to Pakistan and shower the enrire country with pork cologne. Free range, of course.

Comment

Yes, of course. I want to go to Pakistan and shower the enrire country with pork cologne. Free range, of course.
                  That's not much of a Plan B!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

So why did you say BA was going to introduce halal meat?Either you were being disingenuous or you're a moron who can't understand English or both. Which is it?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

I would rather have Halal meat that those "skybites" with which they have replaced sandwiches on short haul flights.

If I wanted to fly ryanair, I would book with ******* ryanair.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X