• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would it bother you if someone burnt your national flag?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    To be fair it's only symbollic. t
    WHS

Me, stoop to symbolism? Not on your nelly.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      WHS

Me, stoop to symbolism? Not on your nelly.
      It's symbolic of what you represent !

Comment

Originally posted by Green Mango View Post
        It's symbolic of what you represent !
        No it's just a piece of material.

Green hills constantly pelted by horizontal rain, the smell of spring once it comes, the banter of my peers and a pride that is commonly shared, this is what I represent and what I see from others as I travel even from those out here in Germany. I don't need a piece of material to let my German colleagues know who I am for that I only need open my mouth! The smile that is returned lets me see all I need to know
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          No it's just a piece of material.

Green hills constantly pelted by horizontal rain, the smell of spring once it comes, the banter of my peers and a pride that is commonly shared, this is what I represent and what I see from others as I travel even from those out here in Germany. I don't need a piece of material to let my German colleagues know who I am for that I only need open my mouth! The smile that is returned lets me see all I need to know
          Any flag is a piece of material thats true, but of course it represents UK citizens.

Of course I'm not from the UK originaly so I know UK citizens don't believe in anything or have any pride in their county like the rest of the world.

Comment

Any flag is a piece of material thats true, but of course it represents UK citizens.
            We don't pledge allegiance to the flag like the US, if we pledge allegiance to anything then it's the Queen.
            http://www.greenwich.gov.uk/Greenwic...ipCeremony.htm

Of course I'm not from the UK originaly so I know UK citizens don't believe in anything or have any pride in their county like the rest of the world.
            So if you want to upset us burn the actual Queen.

Even that would upset the supporters who want the UK to be a republic.
            Last edited by SueEllen; 10 September 2010, 22:45.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Burning flags is ok, free speech and all that.

But if anyone so much as gives a wrong look at my squirrels

Comment

The people who burn your British flag also would burn YOU if they could.

Look at this picture: if you were American, would you ask these guys to sit and discuss our differences?

Am I the only one who is bothered by someone wanting to burn ME?

Comment

They are a bunch of cynics corrupted by celebrity BS and easy credit.

Comment

I can't speak for other countries in the UK but people from Scotland have enormous pride in their country. The belief is visible and strong for everybody to see, ask our neighbours. To say we don't have any pride in our country because of what someone is willing to do to a flag is shortsighted and dangerous.

Comment

Yeah no flags man. no nationalism, give peace a chance man!
                      It isn't hard to do
                      Nothing to kill or die for
                      And no religion too
                      Imagine all the people
                      Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
                      But I'm not the only one
                      I hope someday you'll join us
                      And the world will be as one
                      alternatively

Kumbaya Diplomacy

Comment