• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

After the deep fried snicker bars were done

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Liz passes away (not long & I think she's done an OK job) we'll have a referendum on whether to continue the monarchy.

seems fair..
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The Duke of Edinburgh is another innovator in this area. In his tiny bathroom, his magnified shaving mirror is placed at face level to the right of the lavatory so he can sit and shave at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        FWIW,
        I think the Queen has done a pretty decent job. However, I do NOT believe that Charles will ever be properly accepted by the majority of the Public after the whole Diana/Camilla fiascos. It would make more sense to simply skip a generation and go to William, but constitutionally they would never agree to that. So I say, when the Queen passes away, we should simply allow it to phase out quietly.
        I'd like Phillip to be King (I know it can't happen)

I DON'T have a say in such matters. Nor does anyone else. Therein lies a large part of the problem.
        Apart from the obvious problems, a leader unencumbered by having to constant keep everyone happy could get a lot more done. Hard to lay any longer-term plans if everyone screams at the short-term changes... though it seems Cameron is sticking to his guns.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Prince Charles must have had the longest period to train for a job in the history of the world. How can he be anything but fantastic as a King?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
            Prince Charles must have had the longest period to train for a job in the history of the world. How can he be anything but fantastic as a King?
            If even his own Mother will not give him the reigns of power, why should anyone else trust him?
            I mean................Diana or Camilla?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If even his own Mother will not give him the reigns of power, why should anyone else trust him?
              Mainly because in order to "give him the reigns of power", protocol dictates that she has to die. I expect that side of things doesn't appeal.
              I mean................Diana or Camilla?
              as Queen? Camilla by a country mile. She seems like a great laugh and would be well up for the challenge. Lady Di was all very lovely but would have had a rubbish time of it.

Comment

Mainly because in order to "give him the reigns of power", protocol dictates that she has to die. I expect that side of things doesn't appeal.
                Protocol also suggests she could abdicate on the grounds of failing health/infirmity etc. or any other old reason like the whole Edward & Mrs Simpson malarkey.

as Queen? Camilla by a country mile. She seems like a great laugh and would be well up for the challenge. Lady Di was all very lovely but would have had a rubbish time of it.
                No, not as Queen...........I mean who in God's name (that was not blind!) would have chosen that old trufflehunter over Diana? Only someone whose judgment was seriously impaired I would suggest. No wonder the Queen is not too keen on letting him loose on us as King. The man has raisins for a brain...........clearly.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

She'll cross the health-and-infirmity bridge when she crosses it, but she's tough as old boots. Makes a point of changing the wheel on a Land Rover every day before breakfast apparently. And Edward VIII is universally understood to have acted in shockingly bad form. I think he's the only king ever to abdicate without an army chasing after him.

I have seen Diana in the flesh once, and Camilla never.

The one time I saw Diana was in slightly less than glamorous circumstances. We were lining the drive adoringly when she came to visit our school. I was standing next to a speed bump. Her specially-security-trained driver was driving at a defensively high speed; took the speed bump too quickly; and just as HRH came level with me, her head was whacking against the ceiling.

But my point is maybe the camera adds in one case and takes away in the other.

Comment

The one time I saw Diana was in slightly less than glamorous circumstances. We were lining the drive adoringly when she came to visit our school. I was standing next to a speed bump. Her specially-security-trained driver was driving at a defensively high speed; took the speed bump too quickly; and just as HRH came level with me, her head was whacking against the ceiling.
                    Yes, driver problems were a recurring theme in Diana's life.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X