• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment banks black listing IT staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment banks black listing IT staff

I know that Investment banks blacklisting IT staff.

In the past I've had run ins with IT managers in these types of places in the City. I was wondering how could I find out if they've somehow black listed me for any future banking jobs. I haven't been in a banking job in quite some time.

Would a check to see if I was on one of these lists actually raise a flag against my name on these lists, do these 'black lists' actually exist accross investment banks ? What if I do a data protection act thing on the old bad banks that I used to work for and get them to send me everything that they've written about me ?

Give me advice please as I seriously want to get back into banking and I am wondering whether or not some IT Management sh*ts from my past have tried to do blacken my name.

cheers...

change the name on ur CV. At least that way you can get as far as the interview and offer before the agency will ask for your proof of id, if they ever do.

Comment

Messiah, Give me your name and address and I will see if you ar on the list or not.

Comment

I think it is possible to black-list someone, but only for a misdemeaner, fraud, some incompetent action. I really don't think the Human Resources is going to blacklist someone because they had a bit of a row. I've heard one manager mention this but only with regard to someone really screwing the system up.

To be honest I think the problem you have is that the market is not so bouyant at the moment, and there are simply better candidates.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

One of two things would have happened;

1) Previous manager you p1ssed off will now have a grudge against you so if he ever hears you are apply for a job at his bank he will ensure who ever is hiring you hears about your performance (whether its factual or not is another point altogether).

2) Previous manager you p1ssed off has passed your name on to HR to ensure your CV is declined if its ever sent in.

Of the two above I reckon point 1 is the more likely as point 2 requires the bank to actually be organised, which I doubt actually happens!

Mailman

Comment

trust me, in today's .Net based HR systems it is possible to <ahem> put comments next to past and present employees and also people who have applied in the past

Milan.

Comment

I have blacklisted a number of Investment Banks.

But I will not disclose their ideneties.

Unless you give me a fiver.

It is easier to rob by setting up a bank than by holding up a bank clerk.

Bertolt Brecht

Comment

Working...
              X