• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Tony Blair Interview with Andrew Marr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think you had to be all that intelligent. Recall a pub acquaintance who had worked there telling me before the war started that without SH there would be civil war. The tensions existing in the area were obvious from the Iran/Iraq war.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Don't think you had to be all that intelligent. .
      No you're right. I mean that the average man on the street was more intelligent than our leaders which is a damning indictment of their competence.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        5. Regime change because Saddam was a bad guy? Why didn't we do Zimbabwe?
        There's no oil underneath Zimbabwe. Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          You mean the one for which he's giving all profits away?
          Is he? I thought it was just his advance he was giving away!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
            There's no oil underneath Zimbabwe. Simples.
            Was Saddam withholding the oil from us?
            Don't think so.
            But if there is civil war, we certainly won't get it.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I expect we'll be back within 15 years.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Not sure it ever pays to interfere in another country. Watching that Childern of Zimbabwe last night and thinking, like many, they should have sent in a hit squad and executed Mugabe.

But then when would ever have been the right time? At the beginning it would have looked like a move to keep all the land for rich whites and probably ended up in them being slaughtered. By the time the scale of the disaster was apparent and many black Zimbabweans would have been happy for him to be assassinated, it was far too late.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Was Saddam withholding the oil from us?
                  Don't think so.
                  More the other way around surely?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    Is he? I thought it was just his advance he was giving away!
                    I think future royalties too but happy to stand corrected.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      I think future royalties too but happy to stand corrected.
                      It seems you are correct: A spokesman said Mr Blair would hand over the reported £4m advance payment plus all royalties to honour "their courage and sacrifice".

Comment

Working...
                      X