• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which PM course to take up. Switch from Techie to PM.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started off as a software engineer but felt myself gravitating towards management over the years - People and Projects. Have had a taste of what it's like to manage people. Now want to get into managing projects. Don't want to spend the next two to five years "growing" towards being a PM in a permie role. I'd rather struggle in the contract market and learn the ropes the hard and fast way (if it is possible at all, but thunderlizard's reply has given me some hope). It may very well not work out and I may be out of a job for long periods next year, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.

Comment

Anyone missing any footwear of the non-shoe variety?

Comment

Originally posted by rsingh View Post
        In order to help us to help you, you will need to provide us with some more detail. Where have you hidden the beer?
        Many Indians are teetotal. Actually, are you Indian by birth ... or is that just your username?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I sent you a reply fullyautomatix, hasn't shown up..

<mod>It will now... your posts are moderated at first</mod>

Comment

Um, let's suppose I'm a prospective client. Tell me why I should hire you as a PM when you never did this before and I have 50 CVs from experienced PMs in my inbox. What would your actual reply be if asked this by email?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Greatlookinguy View Post
              I started off as a software engineer but felt myself gravitating towards management over the years - People and Projects. Have had a taste of what it's like to manage people. Now want to get into managing projects. Don't want to spend the next two to five years "growing" towards being a PM in a permie role. I'd rather struggle in the contract market and learn the ropes the hard and fast way (if it is possible at all, but thunderlizard's reply has given me some hope). It may very well not work out and I may be out of a job for long periods next year, but that's a chance I'm willing to take.
              You're Indian?

Bollocks.

If you're Indian and can prove it I'll show my arse in Trafalgar Square.

Comment

You might be able to carve out a niche as a professional scapegoat, but with no actual experience I wouldn't fancy your chances of getting work.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Can I compliment you on your command of the English language - plus the best Indian grammar I've ever seen.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    If you're Indian and can prove it I'll show my arse in Trafalgar Square.
                    Oh dear God.............not again!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Oh dear God.............not again!!

How was I to know that the last bloke I said that to really was a one-legged outer-mongolian goats cheese manufacturer who was 5th in line to the Mongolian throne?

Something about that bastards story just didn't ring true!

Comment

Working...
                      X