• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hamas and the power of democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB
    By Garibaldi?
    Which was Nice.

Comment

Why are people so concerned about this: if it is a party of suicide bombers won't their majority gradually decrease, through party activites, until they become the minority?
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Balfour Declaration.

Nearly ended up with a Jewish Homeland in Uganda... which would have made Idi Amin extremely happy...
        Is that true. why Uganda of all places ?

Thinking about it, why wasnt the Highlands of Scotland considered, wonderful scenery and a serious problem with depopulation, still I guess life is always easier in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          And are they a cake or are they a biscuit?
          My research on Jaffa cakes has yet to reveal if they originated from Jaffa, but theres is a debate (for taxation clarification purposes) as to whether they should be classifed as Biscuits or Cakes ... they are supposed to be a cake but the UK government is trying to reclassify them as biscuits as they then have a higher tax yield.

These small circular sponges topped with chocolate and squidgy orange stuff have been the subject of much debate over the years.

Even the British government has become embroiled in this web of snack-related intrigue.

At present the Jaffa Cake is classified as a cake but the British government is attempting to get it reclassified as a biscuit.

This would mean it would come under a higher tax bracket as biscuits aren't as perishable as cakes, or something technical like that.

It is not clear how much more expensive the Jaffa Cake would become should this proposal go through Parliament, but it's possible they could move from the realms of 'everyday favourite' to become more a much more exclusive item. In which case, they could end up being treated similarly to fine wines, so that in the future, small groups of Jaffa Cake connoisseurs might be found in darkened cellars discussing texture, nose, and full-bodied flavour.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Apparently so, Alf, so I read somewhere. May be a total load of bollocks & I may well have dreamed it.

Talking of the Highlands of Scotland, didja know that it was proposed to use the flow country (the boggy bit at the top) as a nuclear weapon testing site in the early 50s before we conned the Aussies into letting us set them off in Australia instead?

Presumably because there's not a lot of people up there...
            I did not know that for sure the UK millitary in WW2 used an Island off the West coast for Anthrax testing, I dont really recommend it for a camping holiday.

On the subject of nukes and Scotland, the USSR had developed its largest ever thermal nuclear weapon to hit the Garelochead area , the idea being that the US nuclear subs which were concealed in the surrounding lochs would not be able to be deployed to the Atlantic as the huge thermal bomb woud have evaporated the Loch and denied them access to the sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
              Nah mate, he was a christian!
              A christian as the king of the jews?

Anyway...if the land is to go back to anyone then shouldnt it go back to Turkey? After all, there never was a country called palestine was there?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                It is not clear how much more expensive the Jaffa Cake would become should this proposal go through Parliament, but it's possible they could move from the realms of 'everyday favourite' to become more a much more exclusive item. In which case, they could end up being treated similarly to fine wines, so that in the future, small groups of Jaffa Cake connoisseurs might be found in darkened cellars discussing texture, nose, and full-bodied flavour.
                For a second there I thought you were going to suggest that people were going to start hording Jaffa cakes as part of their retirement?

Anyways, jaffa cakes [or biscuits] are rubbish...no where near as nice as those tea cakes thingies (although they in turn arent a patch on marshmellow puffs,which some of you remind me of )!

Mailman

Comment

Thinking about it, why wasnt the Highlands of Scotland considered, wonderful scenery and a serious problem with depopulation, still I guess life is always easier in retrospect.
                  Actually it was East Africa, and yes it's true. But the proposal was dropped PDQ. The Zionists were angling for what is now Israel since the early/middle 19th century.

Just imagine if the Muslims in Manchester were to suddenly declare that Manchester should become a Muslim homeland, and then the UN voted that it should be so. I suppose we would not notice much difference. Silly idea. I should not have mentioned it.

Comment

That is quite true. Uganda was one of the places considered. Madagascar was another. If I was Jewish I would be pissed off it wasn't Madagascar. Tropical paradise and Arabs relatively distant.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

If I recall correctly, shipping the Jews to Madagascar was proposed as a solution to "the Jewish Problem" by Himmler. Needless to say, it would have been a mandatory, one-way ticket.

Comment

Working...
                      X