• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hamas and the power of democracy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    If I recall correctly, shipping the Jews to Madagascar was proposed as a solution to "the Jewish Problem" by Himmler. Needless to say, it would have been a mandatory, one-way ticket.
    ah you may well be right. I couldn't remember who originated the Madagascar idea. Still, would have been better than what actually happened.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Neither of you are wrong there. One way ticket to Madagascar or death - hmmm, let's think about this.

Comment

Rather interesting that you think the Jews moving to Palestine was the cause of the problems in the Middle East.

Even if the Jews had gone to Madagascar, Uganda, or Scotland, there would still be problems in the Middle East.

Always has been, always will be.

Why do you think the Romans tried to depopulate the entire area?

Gosh a lot of you people are so dim it is really funny.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Rather interesting that you think the Jews moving to Palestine was the cause of the problems in the Middle East.

I don't recall saying that. Now, don't you have some pies to scoff or something?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Even if the Jews had gone to Madagascar, Uganda, or Scotland, there would still be problems in the Middle East.

Always has been, always will be.

Why do you think the Romans tried to depopulate the entire area?

Gosh a lot of you people are so dim it is really funny.

HTH

Yeah the expulsion of about 700K Arabs from their homes, leading to millions of refugees today was nothing. And the wars between Israel and Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan were nothing. But Israel still won. That tells us how tulipe Arab countries are.

At least Arab countries can use Israel to deflect public opinion from the real issues within their borders.

But, the Armenian massacres by the Turks (some reckon a million or more dead) in the early 20th century, the war between Iran and Iraq (millions dead), and Iraw and Kuwait, the massacre of Kurds of all and sundry, and I'm sure there's more. In part it is due to the remants of Imperialism carving up countries across ethnic boundaries a century or so back.

We've learnt how to deal with minorities. We play them at Rugby and make sure we lose often enough to make them feel superior.

6 Nations soon. Wah hay.

Fungus

Comment

Expulsion?

I thought the Palestinians left voluntarily expecting the Arab league to sweep in and push everyone left behind into the sea.

And then the Arab league didn't

And so, now they're refugees.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Palestine has never existed as a country in its own right ... The whole land has always been Israel. Hadrian (Roman Emperor) after he conquered the land and because of his hatred for Jews, renamed Judea "Palestine" after the Philistines , sworn enemy of the Jews.
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Expulsion?

I thought the Palestinians left voluntarily expecting the Arab league to sweep in and push everyone left behind into the sea.

And then the Arab league didn't

And so, now they're refugees.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
                  You are wrong!

Even Jewish organisations concede that at least 50,000 Arabs were forcibly evacuated i.e. at the point of a gun, and that hundreds of thousands fled out of fear. At the time of independence, and the ensuing war, the Jews murdered an entire Arab village. Rumours of the event spread, and many Arabs fled to escape the Jews. In practice the future first PM of Israel, David Ben Gurion, and colleagues, probably abhored the massacres, but they encouraged the spread of rumours of further atrocities, thus solving their main problem i.e. how to get rid of the Arabs. Many Arabs stayed - about 20% of Israelis are Arabs - and ironically they are better off in Israel than in many/most Arab countries. At least it's easy to find a doctor/dentist/lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    Palestine has never existed as a country in its own right ... The whole land has always been Israel. Hadrian (Roman Emperor) after he conquered the land and because of his hatred for Jews, renamed Judea "Palestine" after the Philistines , sworn enemy of the Jews.
                    The nutty extremist Christians in America are very pro Israel. They too come out with the sort of nonsense you have posted. Something to do with the day of reckoning when sinners will disappear, and the faithful will live forever with as much beer and pizza as they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus
                      The nutty extremist Christians in America are very pro Israel. They too come out with the sort of nonsense you have posted. Something to do with the day of reckoning when sinners will disappear, and the faithful will live forever with as much beer and pizza as they want.
                      Fungus are you arguing with historical fact? Or because it does not fit your namby-pamby God-hating, anti-Semitic worldview, it therefore does not count?
                      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                      X