• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death Penalty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death Penalty

We seem to have a bit of a justice theme today, so continuing in that trend...Death Penalty; good or bad?

Personally, I am theoretically in favour of it, but against it in practice (simply because the idea of hanging an innocent person is dreadful).

What do others think? Would it help restore law and order or is a relic of barbaric time? It hasn't exactly helped in America...

No to death sentance but yes to 99 yr sentances in prison offshored to the grimest (and cheapest) countries in the world.

Comment

i'm against it

mainly because i would never ask somebody to do something on my behalf that i could never do myself. i'm also not too sure that it could ever be defensible [sp's 'word of the day]

Comment

as an addendum to dp,

i've always maintained that st kilda's could be scrubbed down and a new jetty built ...

Comment

Re: i'm against it

Too many Innocent people would get convicted, while many guilty super wealthy people would get off on technicalities.

Comment

Hanging prevented James Hanratty from creating carnage up the A6.

And prevented Derek Bentley from persuading thousands more roof-top chavs to kill policemen.

Comment

Playing Devil's Advocate...but would it not restore the value of human life? Human life is the most valuable thing in the world, and by destroying it illegally you forfeit the right to your own life.

Comment

In favour. Must be beyond reasonable doubt.

Condition: Any proven fit up equates to murder and copper gets whats coming.

Comment

Against.

It seems slightly illogical to kill people to demonstrate that you shouldn't kill people.

Comment

What we need are legalized sidearms with the authorisation to use force in all situations. Those with big guns or who are fast on the draw survive - it is the way Darwin wanted it.

Let's face it - our bodies are not meant to age beyond 35 and they just look plain ridiculous with all that saggy skin. Far better to go out in a gunfight with glory on your side. Die the death of a warrior. Live by the gun. The gun is king.

War would become obselete with this personal justice - no leaders, no politics, just pure anarchy. The pure anarchy of Jabber.

Comment

Working...
                    X