• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Death Penalty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring back hanging for stealing a sheep.

Especially if it's my girlfriend...

Comment

Re: i'm against it

And prevented Derek Bentley from persuading thousands more roof-top chavs to kill policemen.
      Oh yes the mentally disabled man who was hung for saying "let him have it" because the murderer wasn't old enough to be killed. Probably the best example for not having a death penalty.

Comment

What we need are legalized sidearms with the authorisation to use force in all situations.
        That's really helped America.

Let's face it - our bodies are not meant to age beyond 35 and they just look plain ridiculous with all that saggy skin.
        Ah, you obviously haven't encountered the lovely Helen Mirren.

no leaders, no politics, just pure anarchy.
        You mean like Iraq; that well known American experiment in democracy.

Comment

Against.

Ref. Timothy Evans. Cleared of killing his wife and baby daughter 16 years after being hung for it.

Comment

Re: 99 yr sentances in prison offshored to the grimest (and

Perhaps we should offshore the criminals to India, it would be poetic justice :hat

Comment

For, in certain circumstances - Ian Brady, Ian Huntley for instance (what is it with people called Ian??) Bang to rights and no remorse

Comment

Against in all circumstances.

Far, far too many cases of the old bill fitting up whoever happened to be in the area at the time when the crime is high profile or hard to solve.

Comment

Most of the time these people are guilty - there just isn't the evidence to convince the pumpkins in the jury. Far better to invent evidence and get it right most of the time than let these people go free. So a few innocent people get banged up for life - sh*t happens- they were probably miserable chavs anyway. The police have the good sense to only stitch up miserable losers who contribute nothing to society.

Comment

Luvley Jabber, why even bother with a justice system - let's just rely on the common sense of the cops and move straight to a police state.

I know a few cops personally, and while they might in many ways be nice chaps doing a valuable job they are far from infallable (Not to mention amazingly racist) and I'd even go as far as saying IQ wise they're probably below the national average. Maybe that's just the ones I know however.

Comment

If I don't have the right to kill anyone I want to, how can I give the State the right to do it on my behalf?

Against - look how many people have had their convictions for murder overturned in the last few years. They would all have been hung by now.

Comment

Working...
                      X