• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blaze of Glory

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I noticed that the bull went after the guy in the red t-shirt.
    It probably went after him because it thought he was a Man Utd fan. So not a dumb animal after all.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Well, I'd agree that bullfighting is barbaric, but then so is squishing a worm so that it's innards spurt out. Where do you draw the line on what is acceptable? Does the fact he's three make it less bad than if I had done it?
      I am sticking to my original point that a 3 year old child forming infant notions of right and wrong, is slightly different to a group of grown adults making the conscious decision to participate in a barbaric sport.

i.e. - not really comparable.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        It's one dumb animal. They were people. Anyone who wants to see people hurt for the sake of an animal is crazy IMHO.
        Not if said people take pleasure in taunting/torturing the animal. They get what they deserve since that's what they came to see.
        **** em all I say and good for the bull
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Does the three year old charge admission to watch and sell TV rights? Clueless chunt
          Would bullfighting be more acceptable if they didn't charge admission? Or if there was no audience?
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            I am sticking to my original point that a 3 year old child forming infant notions of right and wrong, is slightly different to a group of grown adults making the conscious decision to participate in a barbaric sport.

i.e. - not really comparable.
            WSS. Doodab you're really coming out with a load of undergraduate cock, which I find disappointing given your sometimes intelligent posts.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Would bullfighting be more acceptable if they didn't charge admission? Or if there was no audience?
              No.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Educating that animals aren't to be tortured for the fun of it?
                Why not? Can you give an answer other than "because it's obvious" or "because it's wrong"?

After all, cats torture their prey.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Not if said people take pleasure in taunting/torturing the animal. They get what they deserve since that's what they came to see.
                  **** em all I say and good for the bull
                  It's interesting how quickly supposedly civilised people turn into wannabe vigilantes and animal-rights-terrorist-sympathisers when they don't get to eat the animal. Where's the thread on battery-farming? Seriously, that's terribly cruel and affects millions of animals simply for our entertainment... cheap meat is entertainment not subsistence.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    The hole you're digging just keeps getting bigger...
                    Your inability to articulate your reasoning and point out why you have a difference of opinion with doodab is revealing. At least other cretins like SB are conversant with a discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Why not? Can you give an answer other than "because it's obvious" or "because it's wrong"?

After all, cats torture their prey.
                      Cats have a natural instinct to play with their prey because it's the only way they can make a kill without risking injury.

As a responsible parent, I would hope to explain to my son that animals do not exist for humans to torture.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X