• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: Axe to fall on rail network

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer...I just bought a season ticket on my heavily subsidized line - the Clitheroe line in East Lancs.

Sigh..from the council tax, to the broken washer, to the car heater breaking, to the baby crying, now my train is being canned. Its all becoming too much!!!
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
      Assuming your train didn't fly off the track into the south midlands countryside.
      Which, lets face it, could only be an improvement.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Why mothball etc. etc. why not just tarmac the freaking things over and make nice new highways out of it?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well done Zeitghost.

About twenty years ago I went to British Rail for an interview, and he asked me "Shouldn't railways be just be covered in tarmac".

I thought long and hard, efficiency? no, cheaper? no they cost a fortune, more comfortable nope, more reliable, err ? in fact I ummed and arred so long he realised I agreed with him and then went onto the next question.

hmm now at last the answer, I was supposed to have given
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 February 2006, 15:38.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            Coz they're a bit narrow?
            Ah, you're only thinking of the width of the track (4 foot 8 an'alf inches when I were a lad)

But even a single track line is at least 36 foot wide, when you include the bed either side and the cess etc. etc.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
            X