• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let them eat cake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people squeeze bread in the supermarket? Not just one loaf either, every loaf on the shelf.

Comment

I'm not a huge bread fan, but remember buying "Brötchen" as a child that were so good I used to eat them without bread/jam etc, straight from the bakery.

I find with a good bread, the crust is the best part. Whereas with most of the stuff you buy in Britain, the crust is so disgusting it has to excised.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Why do people squeeze bread in the supermarket? Not just one loaf either, every loaf on the shelf.
        ... and why do people try to see how many ringed doughnuts they can carry whilst naked without using their hands? Not just one doughnut either, ...

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I've no idea. Why do people kick the tyres of a car that's for sale?

PS I recently saw someone odd looking picking up every single cabbage on display and looking at it from every angle, then not buying any. I wasn't going to buy any either after they'd all been handled by a weirdo.
          Last edited by Sysman; 3 August 2010, 09:40.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            I've no idea. Why do people kick the tyres of a car that's for sale?

PS I recently saw someone odd looking picking up every single cabbage on display and looking at it from every angle, then not buying any. I wasn't going to buy any either after they'd all been handled by a weirdo.
            Never mind the cabbages, worry about what goes on in the dairy section...

Milky Milky
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Never mind the cabbages, worry about what goes on in the dairy section...

Milky Milky
              Hi Dave, where you been?

I'm not looking at your linky, as I'm incredibly anal about milk and it will probably yack me out.

It's got to be from my local organic farm shop so I know it's not full of gross.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

You've all missed the point. The problem with commercial bread is the excess salt (which leads to hypertension).
                A 10p loaf? You may as well sprinkle salt and flour treatment agent on cardboard and eat that for all the nutritional value it provides.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  You've all missed the point. The problem with commercial bread is the excess salt (which leads to hypertension).
                  A 10p loaf? You may as well sprinkle salt and flour treatment agent on cardboard and eat that for all the nutritional value it provides.
                  Phew, thank goodness SAS is here.
                  Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    Hi Dave, where you been?

I'm not looking at your linky, as I'm incredibly anal about milk and it will probably yack me out.

It's got to be from my local organic farm shop so I know it's not full of gross.
                    Hi Mary,

Working unfortunately. Major ERP upgrade going on here and the management bulltulip and politics are unbelievable, so I've had to actually pay attention for a change to avoid my part of the project getting blamed for other peoples cockups.

And yes, the link probably would do that. It's an old Mary Whitehouse Experience sketch, Hugh Dennis doing Mr Strange
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Phew, thank goodness SAS is here.
                      That's what people usually say in a crisis.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X