• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just in case

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Paddy;1177350]
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Why? It's not as if you're going to remember it and a heart-attack can be quite painful.

Quietly in your sleep would be more preferable.[/
    QUOTE]

That is something nurses say to keep families happy. I don’t think that is possible unless you are knocked out by drugs. At some point in the dying process you will need to take your last breath; that action will wake you up because the reflex action by your body will be so intense and painful.
    Ah yes but the endorphin rush makes up for it ya miserable git
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I don't think nuclear decay can create something further down the periodic table, and uranium is the start point so everything is down from there.

Nit-picking, the principle is sound.
      Yep, my mistake

Iodine-135 is an isotope that arises as a fission product of Uranium-235; the decay chain from there is Xenon-135, Caesium-135, and finally Barium-135 which is stable.

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddy;1177350]
        Why? It's not as if you're going to remember it and a heart-attack can be quite painful.

Quietly in your sleep would be more preferable.[/
        QUOTE]

That is something nurses say to keep families happy. I don’t think that is possible unless you are knocked out by drugs. At some point in the dying process you will need to take your last breath; that action will wake you up because the reflex action by your body will be so intense and painful.
        Not true. You will simply take fewer and fewer breaths untill you finally take the one that turns out to be your last. I know, I've watched it happen.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

[QUOTE=DaveB;1177374]
          Originally posted by Paddy View Post

Not true. You will simply take fewer and fewer breaths untill you finally take the one that turns out to be your last. I know, I've watched it happen.

Different to my experience then.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

[QUOTE=Paddy;1177350]

Quietly in your sleep would be more preferable.[/QUOTE]

So, you've died have you?

I'll start calling you Lazarus!

Comment

But back on topic (kinda) we may not get the chance to breath our last. We could all be vaporised.

Comment

obviously being pedantic you will always get a chance to breath your last

it will be the one you take just before you get vaporised

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  obviously being pedantic you will always get a chance to breath your last

it will be the one you take just before you get vaporised

fair point, well presented

Comment

You need not be conscious or even alive when you take your last breath though.

Comment

Working...
                    X